Sixth Annual Northeast Santas Get Together

Michael Rielly

• Management

Sixth Annual Northeast Santas Get Together

Please join us on February 27, 2010 for family-style chicken, conversation, presentations, comrade, and the official Santa Claus Oath signing ceremony!

Tickets are $20 per person and includes, coffee and donuts, meal, door prizes, and shipping to bring the Santa Claus Oath to the event.

Be sure to bring your suit too! A professional photographer will be on hand to take a group photo. Photos will be available for purchase for $13 which includes postage and handeling for delivery to your home.

WHEN

Saturday, February 27, 2010

10:00AM to 5:00PM

WHERE

Bocce Club Restaurant

226 Saint Louis Ave

Woonsocket, RI 02895

(401) 767-2000

DIRECTIONS

PRICE

$20 per person (includes tax and tip)

SCHEDULED PRESENTATIONS

• Beard and Mustache shaping forum, George Martin
  • Presenting Santa forum, Charlie Allen
  • Designer Beard Care forum, Tom Sheerin
  • Santa Presentation forum. Bill Dexter
  • Santa Sing Along, Dennis Mann
  • ClausNet Tips and Tricks Seminar, Michael Rielly
  • Santa Claus Oath Presentation, Michael Rielly
  • Santa Claus Chairs and Accessories display

CONTACTS

George Martin

Michael Rielly

Here are some pictures from past years:

Northeast Santas Get Together - 2009

Northeast Santas Get Together - 2008

Northeast Santas Get Together - 2007

The Holiday Inn Express in Woonsocket, RI which is the same city as the lunch will be offering a special rate for Santas attending the lunch. The rate is $85.00 a night for either a single or double bed room. Their adderss and contact info is as follows:

Holiday Inn Express

194 Fortin Drive

Woonsocket, RI 02895

(401) 769-5000

When you call just tell them you are attending the Santa lunch on the 27th and ask for the special rate of $85 that was pre arrainged. They have 10 rooms put aside but if necessary we can get more. That is quite a bit lower than their regular room rate which is $98 a night minimum. Hope this helps.

Web page: www.hiexpress.com

2thumbup.gif

• Management

Those of you coming to the Northeast get together are in for a real treat! Phil and I have been working on something pretty cool! :rolleyes:

Last year I was away to help my son and his wife with their new born baby. It was a real treat to hold my grandson and to bond with him at only a couple of weeks old. My son had a few yard things for me to do but I enjoyed holding he baby the most.

I will be there this year for my fifth time at our Northeast get together.

I look forward in meeting my old friends and even some of the new ones.

Santa Jim of RI

• 2 weeks later...

clap_1.gifThis just in!

Santa Bill Dexter has offered to bring in a sleigh for individual Santa photos. I have arrainged withthe photographer to offer inexpensive packages for purchase at the lunch. Please let me know if you are interested. The photographer is also offering the rights to images taken so the Santa can use them wherever he wishes. I will be sending out an e-mail in the next few days to get an approx. number of attendees so I can give the restaurant a number. Hope to see evryone there for a great time!

clap_1.gifThis just in!

Santa Bill Dexter has offered to bring in a sleigh for individual Santa photos. I have arrainged withthe photographer to offer inexpensive packages for purchase at the lunch. Please let me know if you are interested. The photographer is also offering the rights to images taken so the Santa can use them wherever he wishes. I will be sending out an e-mail in the next few days to get an approx. number of attendees so I can give the restaurant a number. Hope to see evryone there for a great time!

That a great idea!

Hello Brother Santas, Mrs. Claus, Elves and helpers and just lovers of Christmas! The lunch is shaping up to be a great time. In addition to our regular group photo for $13, which includes shippin to your home, Santa Bill will be bringing a sleigh and our photographer will be taking individual pictures of folks in the sleigh. The price for these pictures is $10 per sheet. A sheet can be either (1) 8x10, (2) 5x7, (4) 4x5 or 8 wallet photos per sheet, your choice. Our number of speakers are growing. I am sending this to get some idea of how many folks will be attending so I can give the restaurant some rough figures and they can prepare. If you have already sent me an e-mail or a check stating that you will be there then I am sorry for repeating myself and disreguard this e-mail. I look forward to seeing everyone again this year and it should be a great time. Remember, we will be presenting the Santa Claus Oath once again, hosted by Santa Rielly, for those who were unable to take it at our Summer gathering. Thanks

Santa George in the event of bad weather have you made any contingency plans. The weather systems are geting a little more active. You might want to discuss this with the club to protect against any people camceling out at the last minute.

Santa Jim of RI

I just sent a e-mail to Santa George. I'm in!!!

Sounds like a great time!!

I just talked to Mr. Santa (West Seneca NY), and it looks like Mike and I are going to make the gathering.....Weather permitting.

The weather is a concern especially with travel ,lets hope for a few dry days before and on the Saturday. Perhaps in future years late March as opposed to late February would lessen the chance of snow related delays etc.

We have been lucky in the 6 years we have been doing the lunch. I am sure Mr. Gaspar, the owner, would understand if there was a great deal of snow. The end of February as opposed to the begining like we have had in the past should lessen the possibility of cancelling. I would probably be there no matter the weather. I drive my 50 miles to Braintree and have not missed a day due to snow in 20 years so I just drive a bit more slow and careful. There will be some arriving the day before so cancelling is really not an option. The roads are usually very well kept here in the NorthEast so not a big chance if issues unless we get a blizzard which would be highly unusual. I'll pray we are good.

The roads are usually very well kept here in the NorthEast so not a big chance if issues unless we get a blizzard which would be highly unusual.

Good thing it's not tomorrow. whistling.gif

I am just wondering if this might be the last opportunity to take the Santa Claus Oath. I don't believe it will be available at Celebrate Santa this year but I may be wrong. I have not seen any mention of it in their blog. Will the Oath be anywhere else after the NorthEast Lunch? Just curious.

• 2 weeks later...

Whats the weather forecast for Friday/Saturday for all of us driving in from Buffalo.

I have heard that on Friday there may be some snow showers and rain but nothing to speak of and the day temps will be in the mid 40's with Saturday being a tad warmer. Some snow tomorrow and Wednesday but nothing of great significance. www.weather.com with the zip code 02895 if you want to check.

I have heard that on Friday there may be some snow showers and rain but nothing to speak of and the day temps will be in the mid 40's with Saturday being a tad warmer. Some snow tomorrow and Wednesday but nothing of great significance. www.weather.com with the zip code 02895 if you want to check.

Thanks George!!

Mike, will the"Oath and ClausNet" buttons be available at the NE Get Together this weekend?

• Management

Mike, will the"Oath and ClausNet" buttons be available at the NE Get Together this weekend?

I wasn't planning on it. But I could try to have some.

I wasn't planning on it. But I could try to have some.

Mike, thanks for the reply. If you have them with you I would like to buy a set, if not no big deal.

• Management

Okay then. I will bring a few Santa Claus Oath and ClausNet Member buttons.

• Management

Here is the agenda for Saturday. It's looking to be jam packed!

10:00am - 11:00am

Meet and Greet / Introductions

10:30am - 11:00am

Santa Claus Presentation, Jim Manning

11:00am - 11:30am

Traditional Santa Claus Whisker and Hair Care, Tom Sheerin

11:30am - 12:30pm

Lunch

12:30pm - 1:30pm

Break / Santa Suit up

1:30pm - 2:00pm

Group Photo

2:00pm - 3:00pm

Santa Claus Oath Presentation and Ceremony, Michael Rielly

3:00pm - 3:30pm

Santa Claus Presentation, Dennis Mann

3:00pm - 4:00pm

Santa Claus Presentation, Charlie Allen

2:00pm - 4:00pm

Sleigh Photos

4:00pm

Adjournment

Is anyone from the Delaware Valley or Central MerryLand area (or farther South off of I-95--VA and South) going up? I'd be interested in sharing the ride/expenses, and possibly a room, if anyone is interested.

• Management

I've made an update to the agenda. Yes, I know there is some overlap. :D

Sixth Annual Northeast Santas Gathering

Saturday, February 27, 2010

10:00am - 11:00am

Meet and Greet / Introductions

10:30am - 11:00am

Santa Claus Presentation, Jim Manning

11:00am - 11:30am

Traditional Santa Claus Whisker and Hair Care, Tom Sheerin

11:30am - 12:30pm

Lunch

12:30pm - 1:30pm

Break / Santa Suit up

1:30pm - 2:00pm

Group Photo

2:00pm - 3:00pm

Santa Claus Oath Presentation and Ceremony, Michael Rielly

3:00pm - 3:30pm

Santa Claus Presentation, Dennis Mann

3:00pm - 4:00pm

Santa Claus Presentation, Charlie Allen

2:00pm - 4:00pm

Sleigh Photos

4:00pm

Adjournment

Hi Santa's I just got the call from work, I have to be around for the snowstorm. If it ends on Friday I will have to be around for snow removal duties on Saturday. Maybe it will miss us and I can make the lunch. Cheers Santa Bob

• Management

Hi Santa's I just got the call from work, I have to be around for the snowstorm. If it ends on Friday I will have to be around for snow removal duties on Saturday. Maybe it will miss us and I can make the lunch. Cheers Santa Bob

Wow! That would be great if you could come! As of right now it look like we will have a lot of Santas, Mrs. Clauses, and Elves there!

The Bocce Club Restaurant is one of THE best places to get all you can eat Rhode Island family style roasted chicken, pasta, and french fires! Can't wait!

• Management

Had a great time today! Great to see all of you! I was so happy to meet so many ClausNet members! I've created an Album for today's event. Feel free to drop your pictures into:

http://www.clausnet.com/forums/index.php?/gallery/category/43-northeast-santas-27-feb-2010/

Had a great time today! Great to see all of you! I was so happy to meet so many ClausNet members! I've created an Album for today's event. Feel free to drop your pictures into:

http://www.clausnet....as-27-feb-2010/

I posted a few in members album by mistake, can you move them?

What a great time. It was very good meeting so many new friends and seeing the Oath Ceremony again. Thank you Santa George and Santa Rielly it was good to meet both of you.

It surely was a pleasure meeting our New York, Ohio and Maine Brothers and all the new Santas and Mrs. from New England as well as our old friends! It was a sea or red and smiling faces! Thanks to all who attended and watch for the Summer cookout info at Manny Point's place. I will post pictures when I get the chance.

A big congratulations to George and Mike for hosting another luncheon. Suzanne and I had a great time and enjoyed the company of all and especially those at our table.

It was nice meeting a bunch of familiar faces and some new ones as well.

Santa Jim of RI

I added a few photos to the album.

DRAT!!!! You guys and gals had all the fun this weekend. Wish I could have been there.

• Management

I added a few photos to the album.

Great pictures! But man I need to go on a diet!

What a great time, I enjoyed myself even more than last year.So many great capes, staffs,chairs...but the greatest part is meeting so many great brother Santa's and their better halfs. And Elf HOLLY was just great. Hope all stsy safe and healthy . SANTA PAUL

What a great time, I enjoyed myself even more than last year.So many great capes, staffs,chairs...but the greatest part is meeting so many great brother Santa's and their better halfs. And Elf HOLLY was just great. Hope all stsy safe and healthy . SANTA PAUL

Santa Paul,

Mrs. Claus and I would like to thank you for your help at the door with everything. It was very much appreciated.

Mrs. Claus and myself sayspinthanks.gif for a great time and I THANK YOU for allowing me to give you my presentation on "Santas 911", "A Claus For Freedom" upcoming celebration for the 10th. Anniversary of the Twin Towers, to be held in Northern New York, Sept. 8-(9-11)- 12th., 2011.

Santas at Northeast get together we enjoyed meeting new friends and becoming a part of a much bigger family. "When I meet a new Santa, we become friends. When in that group of Santas, we become family."

I BELIEVE, HE HAD A HAND IN IT

After going back to our hotel and visiting in the lobby with some Santas. I decided to go out to my vehicle and bring in the cd presentation I had previously shown the members. When returning to the lobby, a family was coming in. Mom and Dad and Adult Daughter. I spoke with them and gave them one of our cards that I handed out at the gathering. When this gentleman saw it and I started to tell him what we were trying to do. He looked at me and kindda leaned towards me a little and said, "I'm a Survivor, I was on the 74th. floor in Tower 1". We talked some and I showed him and his wife the cd presentation. He was all for doing what we are trying to accomplish. I found out, he's a Retired Police Officer.

Like Uncle Sam, I want You. I'm looking for 1,000+ Santas to come to this event to unfold in Northern, New York for Sept. 11th. 2011

Would have liked to seen you, (Everett), there to, but going to try to be a CS, 2010, hope to see you then.

Santa Vern

• 2 weeks later...

I had a great time at the NE Santa's several of those in attendance had questions or looking for help with their traditional beards. I have ben in DC for the past two weeks for work but am back. Any of you that had a question or needed some help can sen me a message here. It was a great event as always and got to meet a lot of Santa's from this region.

Archived