First LLPS Meet-up of 2010

Shannon

For all of our brother Santa's in the Carolinas and nearby states, the Long Leaf Pine Santas are getting together for the first time in 2010 on Feb 13. The official information to date is:

We now have a date/time/place for our LLPS winter get-together!! We will be meeting at the IMAX Theatre in Raleigh NC on February 13th for the 1pm showing of the movie Avatar in 3D. We will then meet at a restaurant for dinner afterwards. We will announce the restaurant name, time and location in a future post. If you do not care to see the movie but want to meet us for dinner, that is absolutely OK! The address for the theatre is 201 E. Hargett Street, Raleigh, NC 27601. The tickets can be purchased in advance but they are not available yet. They should be available starting next week. I will post when they are available. They have added this 1pm showing to accommodate us but it is still open to the public therefore it is advisable to purchase your tickets in advance just incase of a sell out.

I sure hope many of our ClausNet brethren can join us. Note that to sign up for the LLPS mailing list you can go to LLPS's Yahoo Group.

I am very excited about this meeting, and hope to meet many Santa brothers.

ShantaClausSm.png

• 3 weeks later...

Well, our first meet-up of 2010 is just over a week away. I'd sure love to hear who might be able to attend. As far as that goes I'd love to hear from all Santas within 'striking distance' of Raleigh, whether you can come to this event or not.

ShantaClausSm.png

Well, our first meet-up of 2010 is just over a week away. I'd sure love to hear who might be able to attend. As far as that goes I'd love to hear from all Santas within 'striking distance' of Raleigh, whether you can come to this event or not.

ShantaClausSm.png

This is the first I have heard of it. :huh:

This is the first I have heard of it. :huh:

That's why I tickled the thread a little... I didn’t get any responses the first time so I was hoping a lot of folks missed it rather than were just ambivalent! LOL Be sure to sign up for the LLPS mailing list to be sure you are notified every time there is an event.

ShantaClausSm.png

Deb and I will be there for the movie and dinner.

Looking forward to it.

That's why I tickled the thread a little... I didn’t get any responses the first time so I was hoping a lot of folks missed it rather than were just ambivalent! LOL Be sure to sign up for the LLPS mailing list to be sure you are notified every time there is an event.

ShantaClausSm.png

I have been a member of the LLPS Yahoo group for a couple of years now...

Santa Danny, Santa Jac and others have been talking on Yahoo about this meeting for quite some time, sorry we are unable to attend this year

I have been a member of the LLPS Yahoo group for a couple of years now...

Gosh, I hope my previous post didn’t sound condescending. I'm trying to make sure that folks here on ClausNet who don't know about LLPS are made aware of our events and how to get updates. Hope you can make it, it'd be great to meet ya!

ShantaClausSm.png

Here is another update re: our upcoming meet:

Guys, I spoke to Tim at the IMAX today and he gave me the following information. If you go online to order your tickets and it says that the show has sold out, do not despair! He is holding 40 tickets just for us incase they sell out. If that happens, call Tim at 919-857-1011 and he will take your ticket order over the phone. I will be talking to the Raleigh News and Observer this week about coming out for a picture and a story. I have this vision of a picture of 30 or so Real Bearded Santas all wearing 3D glasses! I think that would be a terrific picture.... anyway, I will pass along more info when I get it!

Santa Danny Nease

Concord, NC

Danny is also talking to the Raleigh News & Observer about possibly covering the event. We will be meeting for dinner at the Golden Corral just off Capital Blvd (at 2909 East Millbrook Road, Raleigh) after the movie, about 4:30, if you don't want to do the IMax thing. If you will be joining us for dinner, please let me know ASAP so I can give them a head count.

Thanks!

ShantaClausSm.png

The meet-up is gathering steam, as we now have 24 confirmations:

Eric, Lynne and Mathew Stumpf

Bill Foulkrod

Shannon Settles

Danny Nease

Jac & 4 guests

Dave Jordan & Nona

Carl Burke & Anne

Sam Simmons & Julia

Steve G & Deb

Ollie Sharman & Kathy

Nick Kuykendall

Jim Ingram

Bill Davis, Jr

I'll call to make the dinner arrangements on Monday, so if you are not on the list and you want to be please contact me soon, or submit a reply to the LLPS e-mail distribution list.

ShantaClausSm.png

I wanted to update you guys about tickets for the IMax film this weekend. The tickets have sold out online. I spoke with the manager today and he is still holding about 20 tickets for us to purchase directly, but they must be purchased in ADVANCE. And at some point he will have to release them for sale to the general public. So, if you don't yet have a ticket, and you want to attend the movie, please call Tim at 919-857-1011 ASAP and he will take your ticket order over the phone.

Different topic, if your name is already listed on the dinner sign-up there is no need to contact me personally. I just included my phone number in the last e-mail because I'm local and might be able to help in case some need arises. We are confirmed for the Golden Corral, and they should be able to handle us even if twice as many people show as have signed-up.

I'm really looking forward to meeting you all!

ShantaClausSm.png

Archived