Final Santa Claus Oath Ceremony

Michael Rielly

• Management

Final Santa Claus Oath Ceremonies

In 2010, the Santa Claus Oath original signing ceremonies will officially come to a close. There will be three officially sanctioned Closing Santa Claus Oath Ceremonies in July, September, and November.

These events will be of a formal nature and the Santa Claus Oath Book pages will be available for signatures only at the the July and September events.

In November 2010, the Santa Claus Oath Book will be sealed and placed into a time capsule. The time capsule will be a clear plastic sealed case where the contents can be viewed by the public, but not handled. The location of the time capsule will be in a predominate building in Santa Claus, Indiana. There is a planned display to accompany the time capsule that will explain the Oath in photos, videos, media stories, and documentations.

The time capsule will include:

The Santa Claus Oath Book which includes:

• Santa Claus Oath Book Title Page
  • Santa Claus Oath Dedication Page
  • Origins of the Santa Claus Oath
  • Jim Yellig Dedication and Bio
  • Charles W. Howard Dedication and Bio
  • Memorial for Outstanding Santas of the Past
  • The Story of the First Santa Claus Group
  • The Story of the first Santa Claus Convention
  • Santa Claus Conventions Over the Years
  • Santa Claus Prayer Page
  • "What Matters" Poem
  • Santa Claus Oath Title Page,
  • Story of the October 2008 Meeting of the Two Grandsons Page
  • The Signed Santa Claus Oath Page by the Two Grandsons
  • Witness Page
  • Charles W. Howard Santa Claus School Page
  • Santa Claus, Indiana Ambassador Page
  • The History of Santa's Candy Castle Page
  • The Santa Claus Oath Committee Page
  • The Traveling Santa Claus Oath Information
  • Dedication to the Santas of the World
  • Historical Overview of St. Nicholas
  • How St. Nicholas Became Santa
  • Title page for Signatory and the Signature pages

Additional contents to the Time Capsule include:

• Special Letters
  • Media Files
  • An Original Brick from the Candy Castle
  • Historical Documentations

These three ceremonies will be open to the public as well as Santas, Mrs. Clauses, and helpers. Each event will have a designated “persona of Santa” that will be part of the activities. Complete dates, times, itineraries, and ceremony policies will be announced soon.

If you have not been able to attend a Santa Claus Oath Ceremony, we will be announcing soon how to add your name to the Santa Claus Oath Book original signatory before the book is sealed and placed into the time capsule. There are a few groups having ceremonies this summer.

We have been asked why the signatory part of the Oath is coming to a close. The collection of these thousands of signatures has taken a long time. These Santas and Mrs. Clauses are a record of our period in history in the Santa Community. It is only proper that a time frame be used as this captures that "one moment in time."

Santa Claus Oath Ceremonies will continue for those who request them, only there will be no signature pages.

It has been my distinct honor and pleasure to have worked with so many of the Santa Community that have helped with this endeavor over the past two years. Special thanks to the Charles W. Howard Family, the Jim Yellig Family, and the Santa Claus Oath Committee. A thank you to each and every one of you that has supported this project by holding local and regional Oath signing ceremonies.

And a heartfelt thank you to the over 2,500 original signers from around the world that make the Santa Claus Oath the document that it has become.

Sincerely,

Phillip L. Wenz

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Looking forward to the update and details of the three Closing Santa Claus Oath Ceremonies. Thank you Phil for all your historian work and the creation of the oath and the forthcoming Time Capsule. :spinthanks:

As always, another great video! I am proud to be a signer of the Oath!

This is an awesome, inspiring piece of Santa history. I, too, am proud to have signed the Oath. I hope it continues to accomplish many good things in support of the true spirit of Christmas.

Some thoughts on the Time Capsule.....

I suggest that when they seal the time capsule that they have it injected with an inert gas. This will help keep the items from oxidizing during the storage period. Also I hope that they treat any non-acid free papers so they don't break down during storage as well. It would be a shame to open the capsule in the future and find a pile of dust mixed with ink residue.

Remember that media files might not be readable in future as technology changes. If you include a DVD, you should add a standalone DVD player as well with voltages/battery types noted. AS an example, how many of you still have a 5 1/4 inch floppy drive in your system - and THAT has only been a few years ago in the time line. Stuff on such media would be unreadable in the future.

Remember that according to Woody Allen in the movie "Sleeper", only VW Bugs can sit for hundreds of years in a cave and start right up on the first try.

It saddens me that I might not be able to sign this document, I did not even know of its existence until I join ClausNet last April. Hopefully it will be nearby so I can sign it.

• Management

It saddens me that I might not be able to sign this document, I did not even know of its existence until I join ClausNet last April. Hopefully it will be nearby so I can sign it.

There will be an opportunity to add your name. Stay tuned for details.

Phillip...

Glad to see that you are working with the Pros on this one.

Sorry about pointing out the obvious. It's just that so many groups

don't think when they go into this kind of project.

Glad to see this happening!

When will the time capsule be opened again?

I look forward to further information on this possibility.

• Love 1

I look forward to the opportunity to join with others in our community to sign the Oath. Please keep us updated.

Wanted to relay thanks to Phil and everyone on the committee that make the Santa Claus Oath possible. It was great being a part of the signing and I am proud I was able to do so. I was even more proud to have the honor of displaying Dennis and I's plague on his casket during the funeral. He would have been so proud. Regardless of all publicity that is bad or good, the world of Santas everywhere are so special. Santas are special special people and they all make this Mrs. Claus proud to be a part of this world. Merry Christmas Gloria

I too look forward to the opportunity to sign, please keep us updated. I must sign this document.

I have one question mike.......the November time capsule most if not all Santas working, how can we attend a monumental moment at that time?

Santa Pirate,

That is the best time that the community of Santa Claus, Indiana can hold the event. When planning this we had to look at a lot of factors including availability of community officials and what other activities the town already has on its schedual.

i understand i really hope mine and santa j schedule allows us to atten

I too am hopeful that my name can be added somehow as well. Keep us informed. Also, is there somewhere that we can go to read it?

We are working on the web page and the PDF files for the “proxy” signatures to be added for those of you that have not been able to attend a Santa Claus Oath Ceremony. Santa Felix will be in charge of the collection and confirmation of the signatory to be added to the Oath Book.

We should have all the information on the Oath website next week on how to add your name.

Besides the three closing ceremonies, the Oath is also traveling with Santa Tim's School for Santas, it will be at the Palm Tree Santas and the West Virginia Santas. Santa Dennis is also traveling with an Oath Ceremony to numerous locations over the next few months.

Also thanks to Santas Dutch and Jim for working on the National Christmas Center. Santas Dave, Mike S., and Chris for working on the Howard/Albion, NY ceremony...and Kevin K., Jerry O and Gary I for the Santa Claus, Indiana event.

Wonderful News! Thanks so much to everyone for making these opportunities possible!

Where would I find A shedule for Santa Tims School

• Management

Where would I find A shedule for Santa Tims School

Take a look at the remaining schedule here.

hello.gif Look up coffeenpc.gif in the resoures glick go to linkes "scool 4 santa's " . I'll be going july 24,&25 in dallas.texas ..Santa Mike Liquori have a good day.lol_2.gifsanta_grin.gif

I too am hopeful that my name can be added somehow as well. Keep us informed. Also, is there somewhere that we can go to read it?

Santa Dave, The Oath is on the Home page of ClausNet, go to top, click on Home, the Santa Claus Oath is on the left side!

• Management

Santa Dave, The Oath is on the Home page of ClausNet, go to top, click on Home, the Santa Claus Oath is on the left side!

You can also read the Oath and other Oath related information in the Santa Claus Oath forum.

Take a look at the remaining schedule here.

Anybody else going to the Atlanta session August 7-8? That's my best chance and I am going to try to make it.

I am very glad to see that the oath will be available to sign via PDF please keep me informed as to how and when,

Santa John

We are working on the web page and the PDF files for the “proxy” signatures to be added for those of you that have not been able to attend a Santa Claus Oath Ceremony. Santa Felix will be in charge of the collection and confirmation of the signatory to be added to the Oath Book.

We should have all the information on the Oath website next week on how to add your name.

Besides the three closing ceremonies, the Oath is also traveling with Santa Tim's School for Santas, it will be at the Palm Tree Santas and the West Virginia Santas. Santa Dennis is also traveling with an Oath Ceremony to numerous locations over the next few months.

Also thanks to Santas Dutch and Jim for working on the National Christmas Center. Santas Dave, Mike S., and Chris for working on the Howard/Albion, NY ceremony...and Kevin K., Jerry O and Gary I for the Santa Claus, Indiana event...thanks to Mike Rielly, TJS and all that are helping with this project.

Can it be sent to the C.W.HOWARD SCHOOL?

Well, even if there won't be any more signature pages (and anyway, Charles W. Howard's hometown of Albion, New York is a little bit far), at least, Phil's glorious Oath will still have its place of honor at the KQ Beyond website. (That is, if Phil doesn't mind, of course.)

Phil, you wrote something very special that I think, from this day forth, no self-respecting Santa should take lightly. We're the finest representatives of Nicholas, Bishop of Myra --- and that means we've got a legacy to defend .... and a standard to uphold. And I need to say thank you Phil, for having reminded all of us why that standard matters!

• Management

The Santa Claus Oath Book Proxy Signature Program is now available.

Download the PDF file HERE and follow the directions to include your name in the signatory.

I'd like to thank Phil and Mike and everyone involved with the Oath, for this opportunity. My proxy is in the mail

:spinthanks:

Hello,I live in alabama.Will there be an oath signing in Atlanta this year.Trully,SINTERNOEL

Hello,I live in alabama.Will there be an oath signing in Atlanta this year.Trully,SINTERNOEL

Sinter Noel'

Tim Connaghan will be holding a University of Santa Claus School in Atlanta on the 7-8 of August. You are invited to attend the school if you like but if that is not possible Tim will hold an Oath Ceremony for any and all that would like to attend this event and there is no charge. Tim usually holds it on the Saturday of the two day school but you can send him an e-mail and he will be glad to get back to you with the details. His address is santa@thekringlegroup.com . Tim will explain all the details but again he holds this so that ANYONE who would like to take the OATH and sign it can and they DO NOT have to attend his school. if you have any further questions please feel free to send me a message and I will get back to you.

• Management

As mentioned above, the Santa Claus Oath Ceremonies will continue for those who request them. There just won't be signature pages at the events.

The final ceremonials are being held to honor the Howard and Yellig families and other Santas of historical significance before the book is placed into the time capsule.

If you would like to add your signature to the Santa Claus Oath book before it is entered into the time capsule, all you need to do is download the Santa Claus Oath Book Proxy Signature form posted above.

If you have already signed the Oath there is no need to sign the proxy.

Sinter Noel'

Tim Connaghan will be holding a University of Santa Claus School in Atlanta on the 7-8 of August. You are invited to attend the school if you like but if that is not possible Tim will hold an Oath Ceremony for any and all that would like to attend this event and there is no charge. Tim usually holds it on the Saturday of the two day school but you can send him an e-mail and he will be glad to get back to you with the details. His address is santa@thekringlegroup.com . Tim will explain all the details but again he holds this so that ANYONE who would like to take the OATH and sign it can and they DO NOT have to attend his school. if you have any further questions please feel free to send me a message and I will get back to you.

Thanks Brother,I will Mark this down.Keep me in your prayers.SinterNoel is having money problem at this time.But i will do my best to be there.Peace.

• Management

I also wish to sign online- please keep me informed.

You cannot sign online. If you wish to add your name to the book before it is put into the time capsule you need to download the PDF file in this post HERE and follow the directions.

Hi Michael,

I would love to be able to sign the Santa Claus Oath and have my name in the book as well.

Please keep me posted as to the other method you wrote about.

Being in Japan it's a bit of a commute to make it to one of the last signings this year.

Although, if I could I would.

Sincerely,

Steve Marshall

PS-I've been having way too much fun looking around this site the last few days. I wish I would have found it years ago!

Thanks!

• Management

Hi Michael,

I would love to be able to sign the Santa Claus Oath and have my name in the book as well.

Please keep me posted as to the other method you wrote about.

Being in Japan it's a bit of a commute to make it to one of the last signings this year.

Although, if I could I would.

Sincerely,

Steve Marshall

PS-I've been having way too much fun looking around this site the last few days. I wish I would have found it years ago!

Thanks!

If you wish to add your name to the Santa Claus Oath book before it is put into the time capsule all you need to download the PDF file in this post HERE and follow the directions.

Glad you are enjoying ClausNet! Stay tuned for several new features coming online in the next few months! :D

I will have my proxy in the mail within the week. Thanks for all you do to keep this site and all goings-on out there for us to know about.

While just being here for a short time, I have found many wondrous things that I only dreamed of previously. The site is wonderful, the friendships and people are just amazing. Each of you are in my prayers for continued blessings.

I look very forward to seeing some friends from here on July 10th!! Has anyone from here decided if they are coming yet?

Santa Dutch,

I had hoped to come, I have promised Santa Jim Morrison I would make it up his way, I would sure like to see you and share the experiences, but it looks like this will be the same weekend as our Christmas in July in Tarpon Springs. Whenever I can make it up though, I will let you know and hope to see your smiling face!! ho ho ho!

I would sure encourage every Santa who possibly can to take advantage of touring the National Christmas Center and being a part of Santa History in the Oath Ceremony!

Edited by Santa Bob Elkin

I am going to try my best to be there.

Hey Dutch, we are going to do our very best to be there, hope to see everyone.

Dutch, I would love to be there my friend, but I have an Oath ceremony already scheduled that day here in Ohio. Sorry I will miss being there, but I do plan on being at the Albion, NY and Santa Claus, IN. Ceremonies. Best of luck to you and Jim. I hope you have a great turnout.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Management

Sir, I would like to thank you for your comments last evening on my comments to the Tragedy page! My question here is that about 50 Santa's will be attending the NOERR Programs Santa University School from the 16th--19th of July and so far have not heard if we will be having the OATH at the closing of classes. I too have not been able to sign the document that everyone here is talking about. We the group of 50 will we be able to find out about our signatures on your document. Am not sure if any of the 49 in my classes have signed or taken the OATH if you could keep us apprised?

Read through the thread and you will find that anyone can add tier name via proxy. See the post HERE

• Management

Andy, Tom, and others,

Please re-read this post and the others surrounding it for clarification. They explain how you can get your name added to the Santa Claus Oath book without having to travel to a signing ceremony.

Thanks to everyone making this possible. I just downloaded the PDF and as I read further down the post I realized I am signed up to attend Tim's School in Atlanta so I will have the opportunity to sign there. Thanks again to everyone for making the information and opportunity available.

None of this would be possible without the love, dedication and passion that Phil has for the Santa Claus world, It is a very exciting thing to see these pictures and to think how lucky we all are to be able to experience the special events planned in the near future, a lot of time and energy has gone into making the story of Charles W. Howard come to life for this Oath signing, take advantage of these opportunities if you have the chance. Thank you to Phil and everyone else that is involved with these events, being a younger Santa I appreciate all the effort to keep these memories alive and the traditions strong!

Santa Christopher, You are so correct, without the dedication, a lot of effort, and a devotion to the world of Santa Claus, all or most of the modern day history of our icon, Santa Claus would have been lost. Many years from now people will really realize that our Legendary Santa was/is truly Legendary. And....lest we forget, the Santa Claus Oath Foundation is picking up the tab, we all should know that means Phil and DeAnn Wenz are funding the "Final Oath Ceremony" for all of us!

Thanks for sharing this information Phil, I think I better be checking the cost of an airline ticket to Buffalo! ho ho ho!

Thanks for sharing this information Phil, I think I better be checking the cost of an airline ticket to Buffalo! ho ho ho!

Hey Bob, Save the airfare. Hop on one of those rocket balloons!! :whistling: Seriously I hope you can make it up here for the Albion event. it's going to be a great time!!

• Management

I hope to be at the NY and IN events and am looking forward to see some old friends!

Sounds like it's going to be a great event! Wish I could be there with all of you. :santa_undecided:

I'm sure Dutch will take lots of Pictures - maybe someone can take some video too.