Northeast Santas Summer BBQ

Michael Rielly

• Management

Hey all,

I can't wait to see everyone at this year's summer BBQ. Who's coming and what are you bringing? I haven't decided yet what I am bringing. It will either be stuffed quahogs or chorico and peppers. My stuffed quahogs are great, but they take a lot of tie to make and I am not sure if I will have the time this week.

What are you bringing?

Red and white chowder and making clam cakes there.

Hey guys, Wish I could be with you this weekend for the BBQ, but once again the summer months are keeping me almost as busy as during the school year. When I saw you all in February, many of you questioned me about the Candy Cane staffs that I had brought. Well, although I will not be there, three of those Santa Claus staffs will be. Be on the look out for them. Where as shipping for these is ridiculous it is easier for me to provide them to you at the gatherings. The cost for each is $40.00. They are tall, but can be cut down to suit your height. I have come up with a better way to attach the crystals that sit on top of the globes on the staffs, so you should not have a problem with them coming off. They are all hand made, painted and there is not one alike. I will post photos of the three staffs coming to the BBQ in my Gallary. If you have questions, feel free to send me a message. Again Folks, I do wish I could be with you. Mary Ellen and I had such a wonderful time when we met you in February. I guess we'll have to wait to catch up until our gathering in Cape Cod April 2011. Have a wonderful weekend to all of you.

Hi Santas , I will be coming from NJ so I should show up by 11am , It will be great to see everyone. Cheers

Santa Bob ,

I look forward to meeting with you and all the other Santas again for our 2nd annual cookout. So far the weather says a 40% chance of a thinder shower but should be good for us and I am hoping we get by with no issues with the weather. It will be close to 90 degrees tho so dress light, LOL. I am starting to get excited about the cookout already. It was a great time last year and most of us yacked for the entire day, oh, we ate well too! Santa Mike Rielly will be hosting a final, for us anyway, Santa Claus Oath presentation so those who have not signed and wish to may do so. All in all we have an awesome time. If anyone is so inclined they can use one of Santa Manny's many canoes to tour the Wood River. Santa Manny will instruct proper use and provide life jackets to use while on the canoes. He even will let you borrow a rod to do a bit of fishing if you wish. He has a horseshoe area and bocce ball too! Something for everyone and brotherhood too! Nothing but great friends and wonderful company. 3 days and counting.

Still looking forward to meeting all my brothers and sisters in spirit for the first time. Hopefully learn a few things and tell a few stories also. See you there!

The latest weather update says only a 20 chance of precipitation on Saturday and no thunderstorms forecast so it is looking better all the time. Going to be a bit warm but should be a great day! Looks like even more Santas will be attending.

So wish I could come up this year!! Someday I will!! Always sounds like a super time!

Dutch, the best one to come to would be the one in April on Cape Cod for a long weekend. Bring the kids and they can swim etc. Nice mini-vacation after the holidays.

• Management

Headed out now! See you all soon!

Well, the barbecue was a great success and everyone had a wonderful time. we had a total of 30 or so Santas plus Mrs. Clauses and friends and helpers and the food was great and the comraderie was awesome. It was in the mid 90's but Santa Manny and Delores Point's home has plenty of shade. The local news station in Providence, Channel 12, was there and took some footage of everyone and all the Santas were invited to come to the television station on Monday morning to be in a segment of "Rhode Show" which is a local tv show. I believe about 10 of us will be going. The footage shot on Saturday may be included in the Rhode show too! All in all it was a great time and we are already looking forward to next year.

Ahhh … it was a hot … hot … day in RI for the Santa BBQ … but what a great day it was at Santa Manny and Delores Point's home on the lazy river. It couldn’t have been better … lots of great food and a great cast of characters. OK … maybe we could have done without the tree falling on the car … ouch! The TV crew from CH. 12 was a pleasant surprise that added a bit of excitement to the event … and of course the “open air beard saloon” was an educational and fun experience. My but our Santas looked great. I loved seeing all the Santas in their summer outfits … what a hoot! I’ll have to work on a summer outfit for this Mrs. Claus. These gatherings are so very useful. So much valuable information is exchanged. Thanks to all the people who helped make this such a wonderful event. I’m looking forward to our next get together.

Thank you to all of you that came to, planned and helped at the picnic. It was great, this was my first meeting with all of you and I can't wait for April. You were all great in making me feel like a family member. Thank you

Hi all Santa and Mrs. Claus. I wish I could have been there but was busy making another appearance at a Camping resort to help celebrate Christmas in July. It sounds as if all had a great time and I certainly miss meeting many of old faces and some of the newer ones.

I will try to set aside my time for the event in April for the Cape Cod Santa get together.

I hope all are having a great summer. I sure love this heat. LOL

Santa Jim of RI

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Santas , My computer crashed and had to buy a new one, but was able to save some photos of the July bbq in my gallery. Cheers Santa Bob

• Management

Great pictures Santa Bob! Thanks!

Ahhh … it was a hot … hot … day in RI for the Santa BBQ … but what a great day it was at Santa Manny and Delores Point's home on the lazy river. It couldn’t have been better … lots of great food and a great cast of characters. OK … maybe we could have done without the tree falling on the car … ouch! The TV crew from CH. 12 was a pleasant surprise that added a bit of excitement to the event … and of course the “open air beard saloon” was an educational and fun experience. My but our Santas looked great. I loved seeing all the Santas in their summer outfits … what a hoot! I’ll have to work on a summer outfit for this Mrs. Claus. These gatherings are so very useful. So much valuable information is exchanged. Thanks to all the people who helped make this such a wonderful event. I’m looking forward to our next get together.

The photos I've located are nice, but I'm not seeing any with any of the Mrs. Clauses in them? Did anybody take any photos with all the attendees there? If so, it would be nice to be able to see everybody~

• Management

The photos I've located are nice, but I'm not seeing any with any of the Mrs. Clauses in them? Did anybody take any photos with all the attendees there? If so, it would be nice to be able to see everybody~

Actually there were a couple of Mrs. Clauses there. Unfortunately, they are usually the ones taking the pictures! :rolleyes:

Great photos Santa Bob! There were many Mrs. Claus there and as Mike said, they usually are the ones taking the pictures, God love them.

Oh, maybe there's someone out there that attended that did snap one or two of others that attended besides the Santas or better yet a group photo with everyone there in it that you don't know about. I do hope that's the case.

If not, I do hope at your next meeting, someone will step forward and take at least one photo of all the attendees, (minus one taking the photo).

I had alot more picture but I'm guessing I lost them during the computer crash. I was just about to back up my system that day and bam the computer went.

Archived