Northeast Santas and friends Annual Lunch

Santa George

Northeast Santas and Friends Annual Lunch

April 1-3, 2011

Hello Brother Santas, Mrs. Claus', Elves and lovers of Christmas. I hope everyone had as wonderful a Season as we did and are finally rested after.

I know I am experiencing Santa withdrawal but can now take the time to set up the annual Northeast Santa Lunch which this year well be a great weekend on Cape Cod.

The following is information on rates and some of the possible classes that will happen. We are welcoming any assistance or suggestions that anyone has. I would like to set up the weekend with assorted meet and greets as well as informational classes that anyone can attend.

I am also working on having a vendor room set up for any of our vendors attending. If anyone knows of a vendor who may like to attend, please let me know. I know that Santa & Co., Sam Milittello, Santa Dennis Blanden, and Spear Boots will be attending . Also, Adele's of Hollywood has donated a Santa suit to be raffled off on Saturday. Each Santa will have 1 ticket entered into the drawing for each day booked at the Irish Village. I have taken myself off the eligibility list as well as the vendors. Good Luck to all!

Once again we will have our photographer Cheryl from Laprades Stidios and offerings such as the group photo for $14 which includes postage to be mailed to your homes. They are also offering a full sheet of photos for $10 each and this will be whatever fits on an 8 x 10 sheet, for example (1) 8 x 10, (2) 4 x 6, or (8) wallet photos. This also includes postage to mail to your home. I hope to set up possible individual photo sessions with her also. I will bring my Santa chair for photo opportunities.

We have an initial block of 75 rooms which we may be able to expand to more if needed. If anyone knows of any vendors interested in attending please have them contact me.

DATES

April 1-3, 2011

The room rates are as follows:

logo_bottom.gif

Cape Cod Irish Village

822 Route 28, S. Yarmouth, MA 02664

WEBSITE

TEL: (508) 771-0100

FAX: (508) 771-3305

ARRIVE: Friday April 1, 2011

DEPART: Monday April 4th, 2011

MEAL PLAN DETAILS

Breakfast: Full breakfast each morning

Dinner: Choice of menu dinners served on Friday and Sunday evenings.

Group banquet dinner served in Irish Village Restaurant starting at 7 p.m. on Saturday evening.

RATES

3 night stay includes 3 breakfasts, 2 dinners (choice), 1 banquet dinner

Single: $260

Double: $185

Add Person: $115

2 night stay includes 2 breakfasts, 1 dinner (choice), 1 banquet dinner

Single: $190

Double: $135

Add Person: $85

1 night stay includes, 1 breakfast, 1 banquet dinner

Single: $100

Double: $75

Add Person: $50

Rates are per person. Gratuities not included. Banquet dinner alone without hotel stay $24. There will also be a Saturday luncheon available for $10 per person. These rates are an exceptional value and I would like to thank Santa Dennis Mann and Sheila Williams for their help in getting such a fine place for us to celebrate our brotherhood. There will eventually be a cut off date for reservations to be announced.

DEPOSIT

$50 deposit per room due at time of reservation.

WORKSHOP INFORMATION

All seminars will be on a volunteer attendance and no one is required to attend unless interested.

VENDOR INFORMATION

We will not be charging any vendor for attending. They will be responsible for their own rooms etc. at the above rates. I am in hopes that they may wish to donate something for our raffle in lieu of being charged a vendor fee. We hope to have the venodor room open at specific hours.

ENTERTAINMENT AND ATTRACTIONS

Irish entertainment each evening starting at 8:30 p.m.

We will also be trying to set up different venues for attendees to visit while we are there. The Cape Cod mall is also in the area for easy access to shoppers wishing to visit. Any and all Christmas lovers etc are invited.

MORE ATTRACTIONS

Please contact me if you have any questions and/or suggestions! Any and all help, suggestions, etc., with this will definitely be appreciated!

Santa George, thanks to everyone who has worked so hard on this. Looking forward to seeing everyone on the Cape in April.

I would like to get a preliminary count as to how many will be attending and would appreciate an e-mail to let me know if you will be there. We will have 75 rooms put aside but if needed can get more. Please e-mail me at santa@santa-george.com and please put Santa Lunch in the subject line and let me know you will be attending. Everyone is invited! We will also once again have our photographer Cheryl there and Santa Bill from Connecticut will be bringing at least one of his sleighs to use in photographs. I will be bringing my chair for the same use. I am also working at getting 2 or more suit vendors as well as a shoe vendor. If anyone else has info that a vendor might like to attend please let me know.

Thanks, George

I had the wrong info on the Irish Village as they have moved and upgraded to another location and all rooms are suites. the new info is as follows:

Traveling to Cape Cod Irish Village 822 Route 28 South Yarmouth, MA 02664

nav-logo-mapquest.gif

(Click Here for Turn by turn directions to the Irish Village)

Directions by Car

From New York City: Follow I-95 North to exit 20 then Rte. 195 East. Pick up 495/25 south and go over the Bourne Bridge. At rotary take Rte. 6 East. At the first set of lights take a right onto Rte. 6 then follow directions below for South Yarmouth.

From Boston: Follow Rte. 93 South (becomes Rte. 3) over the Sagamore Bridge. You will then be on Rte. 6. Follow the directions below for South Yarmouth.

From Albany: Follow Rte. 90 East (Mass Pike) to exit 11A then Rte. 495/25 South and go over the Bourne Bridge. At rotary take Rte. 6 East. At the first set of lights take a right onto Rte. 6 then follow directions below for South Yarmouth.

From Rte. 6 to South Yarmouth: Follow to exit 7. Take a left at the end of the exit ramp. 3/10th mile down the road, take a left onto Higgins Crowell Road. The second set of lights brings you to Rte. 28 (Hess gas station is on corner). Turn left onto Rte. 28. Irish Village is 1 1/2 miles on the left.

map.gif

Directions by Bus

Regular scheduled buses run from Boston to Hyannis. Call Plymouth & Brockton at (508) 771-6191 or Bonanza Bus Lines at (888) 751-8800 for times. Town Taxi (508) 771-5555 is available from the bus station for a short ride to the Irish Village.

Driving Distances to Yarmouth: Albany, NY 220 milesBoston, MA 82 milesMontreal, Canada 355 milesNew York City 248 milesProvidence, RI 81 miles

From Cape Cod Locations: Bourne Bridge 26 milesFalmouth 24 milesHyannis 3 milesProvincetown 48 milesSagamore Bridge 21 miles

George, have you had a chance to scope out the new site yet. I hope to take a drive down before April, I will be looking for two rooms for two nights as it looks now.

Tom, this map is from their new site I believe. I have to look again. Do you have a link?

Happy New Year, just booked my room for Fri and SAT night. I hope there is room to park all the sleds on the roofs. Lol Cheers Santa Bob

Looking forward to the get together ,happy it is not the 3 hours we actually spent on previous years,be able to get to talk with more folks and exchange stories and ideas

Mary Ellen and I are booking our room for Friday and Saturday this week. We are so excited to return for another get together. Looking forward to seeing all of you.

This sounds like a wonderful event. Wish we could attend, but it's just not in the cards right now. We will be there in spirit though, unless a miracle happens and it turns out we CAN attend! Not holding out much hope tho.

Hope everyone has a great time and look forward to hearing all about it and seeing some great photos!

CindyLu, It would be great seeing you both there. I am still working on vendors and seminars as well as some other things.

Just so everyone knows, The correct number for reservations is 508-394-9300. Tell them you would like the Santa lunch rate. The hotel is the New Irish Village and was formerly known as Gull Wing Suites. All that is required is a $50 deposit.George

Just an update, reservations made for two nights. Looking forward to seeing all and learning more!

I wouldn't miss it! Whenever I attend a Santa event it's a "Good Time"!! I've made the reservation for the 3 night stay and I'm looking forward to April ... with another snow storm coming to CT ... oh am I looking forward to April!!! 2thumbup.gif Hope to see all my Santa friends there as well. How can you beat Cape Cod and Santas... what a great combination.

Thanks for all you do to make this such a great time for all.

Well the Ground Hog says we will be all set,so I can bring my golf clubs to the Cape!! Mrs Claus and I will be staying three nights and we can't waite."...supportive,honest and show fellowship to my peers..." Still learning ,thanks to all for sharing. Santa Paul

I was just wondering about who will be coming to Cape Cod. I will eventually call the hotel and see how many have booked but it would be great to have some kind of idea on how many will be attending. Do you plan on being there?

Mary Ellen and I will be there! Looking forward to it.

• 2 weeks later...

This is the latest news on our NorthEast Santa Weekend on Cape Cod!

Hello Brother Santas, Mrs. Claus, Elves, Helpers and lovers of Christmas!

Santa Dennis, Sheila and myself took a trip to Cape Cod on Saturday. We get more information on the Santa weekend and are very excited with what will be happening. Our Saturday dinner will be the main dinner with all Santas and guests and it will be different from the typical Irish Village menu. "The Irish Village" will be presenting a "TRADITIONAL CHRISTMAS DINNER" with offerings of ham, turkey and all the fixings of a traditional Christmas dinner! How appropriate for our group of Christmas lovers!

The Irish Village and we are also working on having a parade around the building with public invited which will be on the Irish Village property and at the same time holding a "Who is is the real Santa" contest. Each Santa will have a number and the children will be told that the real Santa is possibly in attendance and ask for them to vote on which Santa they think may be the real one! Each child who votes will receive a ticket for a raffle drawing of 2 large Christmas Teddy Bears. There will be local newspapers there to cover this and we are also looking to run a fund raiser for "Toys fo Tots" at the same time. The public will be told to bring cameras for photos with their choice of Santas at that time. We will also have our traditional photos by Laprade photographers with our friend Cheryl Oliveira! See previous post for pricing info.

The vendors will be setting their own hours so please contact them for info. If needed we can have an additional room for people to try on clothing etc.

So far we have:

Sam Militello Santa & Co. (Santa suits and more)

Santa Dennis Blanden (Santa sundries)

John Spear-Spear Boots ( Santa Boots and more)

We also will have a seminar area for classes and other things in the conference room.

There is a large TV and we will have a projector and large screen for our use.

If you have any questions on any of this please call me.

Schedule to follow.

We have the following classes so far:

1) Basic Sign Language (Santa Bob Smith)

2) Traditional beard Care (Santa TJS tom Sheerin)

3) Presentation by Mrs Claus (Diane Grenier) “Mrs. Claus: Who is she? Where did she come from? and What does she do?”

4) First year Santa power point course (Santa Pete Wyatt).

5) Santa info and more (Santa Charlie Allen)

6) Presentation on ClausNET (Santa Mike Rielly)

7) Knights of St. Nicholas presentation (Santa Mike Rielly & Santa Dennis Blanden)

Also, If you need a first floor room please ask for it when registering. There are about half on first floor and half on second floor. There are no elevators but the stairs are not really difficult.

Breakfast will be offered each day between 8:00 a.m. and 11:00 a.m.

Lunch times to be announced.

Dinners will be served between 5:00 p.m. and 8:30 p.m.

Saturday Banquet dinner time 7:00 p.m.

Their menu can be viewed at: http://www.capecod-i....com/menu.shtml

Entertainment begins at 8:00 p.m.each evening and on Friday and Saturday will be Irish performer Fintan Stanley, renowned accordion player who extensively toured Ireland, the UK and the USA.Fintan was born in County Louth, Ireland. He is considered by many as a master of the five row button accordion. Performing in Germany, England, Ireland, Scotland, Italy, the United States and many others. Fintan has now made his home in US. Here's an excerpt from a review of one of Fintan's concerts at the Leyland Accordion Club, Leyland, Lancaster, England

"... It was then back to instrumental tunes with a few tangos in the form of La Paloma, Don't Cry for Me Argentina and Jealousy. The speed then increased considerably when Fintan switched to playing a selection of Irish Jigs on his Fratelli Crosio button accordion. It was then time for some French tunes starting with Reproach and then Bourrasque...It was only at that point that Fintan noticed that he had not opened the bottom strap on his accordion despite the fact that we heard lots of reeds in his playing...obviously an accordion with good compression"

And from the Waterford News and Star

Fintan Stanley is a wizard of the continental accordion, considered by many connoisseurs to be among the best in Europe if not the world. The renowned Dermot O'Brien will tell you that Stanley is without doubt the best in Ireland. Fintan will be remembered in these parts for his membership of the famous Gallowglass Céilí Band with whom he played as a youth. Later he did a spell with Dermot O'Brien's famous Clubmen, followed by a number of years fronting his own band with country singer Maisie McDaniels.

The Irish Village has graciously set aside 75 rooms for us and our guests with the rest of the hotel currently sold out! They are leaving registrations open until the March 10th deadline. Everyone needs to be registered by then. There is a $50 deposit required upon registration. Again, after March 10th the room rates are no longer guaranteed so please register before then.

Got my two rooms reservations today, now to start getting ready!

We are so excited to be there. The agenda keeps getting better! Good work to all who are organizing this.

Boy do I ever wish I could be there. I just can't get the time off from work this year.

Dave, There are more things in the works. We have an awesome Grand Prize to raffle off along with a few other suprises.

As per Santa George Martin’s request and phone call yesterday, the Northeast Santas meeting at Cape Cod will be the first group to be presented the Knights of St. Nicholas program. This presentation includes three video productions; The Historic Life of St. Nicholas, Keep Christ in Christmas, and the film clips from the motion picture, Nicholas of Myra: The Story of St. Nicholas.

Along with the video presentation, handouts will be available with the Knights of St. Nicholas information, historic St. Nicholas overview, and movie updates. Those who wish can also take the Knights of St. Nicholas Creed and be awarded the first pillar of knighthood into the Knights of St. Nicholas.

This program will be presented by Michael Rielly and Dennis Blanden.

Creed of the Knights of St. Nicholas

gallery_15_310_5821.jpg

I believe in the miracle of the manger and the message of the child who was born as the Messiah as God’s true gift to all mankind. I acknowledge the Passion and the sacrifice made as a paradigm that it is truly better to give than to receive. I understand the devotion of Nicholas of Myra and his conviction to God’s love for all mankind as an example to follow. I am a mere mortal who has no magical powers except the belief of loyalty to the tradition of the Yuletide that has been handed down from generation to generation to me by my family and friends. I acknowledge that the true basis for the celebration is the child of the manger and I promise to make all children happy to the best of my abilities in his name. I confirm these beliefs to myself and to the Spirit of Christmas as a Knight of St. Nicholas, a servant of people everywhere.

The Creed of the Knights of St. Nicholas, The Santa Claus Creed, Santa’s Creed, and others connotation are copyrighted under an attachment with Arcadia Publishing 2010 by Phillip L. Wenz. ISBN # 978-0-7385-4149-5 and LCCC # 2007925452 - All rights reserved.

Many thanks to Phil for allowing us to be the first to present this. It gets better and better!

We have more great news for our weekend on Cape Cod. Santa JG, Jonathan Meath, was in California on Santa business and he stopped into Adele's of Hollywood and asked her if she would like to be involved. She responded with a wonderful gift that we will be raffling off during the weekend. She has comissioned a Santa suit! It is a traditional

suit with fully lined coat, trousers and hat. It is size Triple X. The winner of the Grand Prize will receive the traditional Santa Suit from Adele's of Hollywood, or their choice of a Cola Suit or Mrs. Claus dress of equal value. Thank you Santa JG for getting this and especially thank you to Adeles!

Adeles of Hollywood

5034 Hollywood Blvd # 2

Los Angeles, CA 90027

(323) 663-2231

More information on the sign language class by Santa Bob Smith.

Below is a list of sentences he will be teaching. He will also go over the alphabet and the numbers.

Would you please forward this to anyone who is registered so that if there is a specific request or I forgot something I can add it to my list. Thanks.

Silent Santa Bob

Hello/ Good bye.

How are you?

Have you been a good boy / girl?

Merry Christmas.

Happy Hanukkah.

What’s your name?

Do you want to talk / visit with Santa?

How old are you?

What do you want for Christmas?

How are you doing in school?

Have you been keeping your room clean?

Do you want to sit on my lap or stand right there?

Please / Thank you

Yes / No

Santa George

I am so excited I could absolutely bust! I am already packing up and getting ready!

ho ho ho! Santa George! thanks for the phone call today! I wanted to let you know that I booked my airplane a few minutes ago, could not resist the inexpensive rates Southwest has right now from Tampa to Providence or Boston, I booked to fly in and out of Providence since I could get non-stop flights both ways! Now I am really getting excited and ready to start packing!!! ho ho ho!

You know I tried to come last year, just couldn't make it work, but when I saw Santa Mike and Santa Dennis are presenting the first group presentation on the Knights of St Nicholas, I decided I just gotta see this! plus all the other great plans you have underway! I'll be looking forward to joining the N.E. Santa line up and presenting our workshop on Santa America! Thanks for the invite! anyway I can help, let me know!!

Santa Bob, It was nice talking with you today too! I will add you to the list of workshop presenters. Looking forward to meeting you in person.

ho ho ho! Santa George! thanks for the phone call today! I wanted to let you know that I booked my airplane a few minutes ago, could not resist the inexpensive rates Southwest has right now from Tampa to Providence or Boston, I booked to fly in and out of Providence since I could get non-stop flights both ways! Now I am really getting excited and ready to start packing!!! ho ho ho!

You know I tried to come last year, just couldn't make it work, but when I saw Santa Mike and Santa Dennis are presenting the first group presentation on the Knights of St Nicholas, I decided I just gotta see this! plus all the other great plans you have underway! I'll be looking forward to joining the N.E. Santa line up and presenting our workshop on Santa America! Thanks for the invite! anyway I can help, let me know!!

Hello Brother Santas, Mrs. Claus, Elves, Helpers and lovers of Christmas. I just got word from a jewlery designer that she will be attending our weekend on Cape Cod to show some of her creations. Vendor information:CLAY SNAKE DESIGNSPolymer Clay ArtistNancy Hopkins-SchmeltzOne of a kind jewelryCustom & One of a kind Santa & Mrs. Claus Pins and more Nancy will be joining us on Saturday only and is a wonderful addition to our vendor list. More vendor info is in the works so stay tuned!

Our gathering keeps getting better and better with each passing day. Thanks, George for all you are doing! See you soon.

Sounds like a lot of fun. Wish we could come, but can't get off work. Maybe next year. Enjoy and be BLESSED!! :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Been reading up on this event and it sounds like everybody is going to be in for a real treat at this event.

Wish we could also attend, but cannot, this time around due to other committments.

Hope everyone has a great time! We'll be there in spirit~

• Management

Just made my reservations. Santa Sean and I will be there. When you see Sean, make sure you all give him a hard time for not taking care of his diabetes! :D

Per your request, Mike..., WILL DO! thumbsup.gif

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to bring this up again and nothe that there is only 9 days until our gathering on Cape Cod! I believe there are still a few rooms available at the special price! I am also told by the owner that if the Irish Village fills up and no more rooms are availabe, he has another hotel just down the street that can be used as a base and the same rates would apply. Anyone who happens to stay there will just have to make the short drive to the Irish Village for all the meals and festivities. I am really excited about everything and am not getting all my supplies and things ready to make the trek to Cape Cod!

Santa George ;o)

Dear Santa George,

Ho …Ho … Ho to you and all the members of the Santa Family planning on attending the Northeast Santa gathering at Cape Cod on April 1-3. I’ve made my reservation and I’ve prepared my presentation about Mrs. Claus. I’m looking forward to a fun weekend.

I realize the planning, coordination and executing an event like this is a major undertaking and it looks like you’ve done a wonderful job. Is there anything, any little task you need help with that I could help with? If so please don’t hesitate to ask.

Good Job Santa George! 2thumbup.gif

Dear Santa George,

Ho …Ho … Ho to you and all the members of the Santa Family planning on attending the Northeast Santa gathering at Cape Cod on April 1-3. I’ve made my reservation and I’ve prepared my presentation about Mrs. Claus. I’m looking forward to a fun weekend.

I realize the planning, coordination and executing an event like this is a major undertaking and it looks like you’ve done a wonderful job. Is there anything, any little task you need help with that I could help with? If so please don’t hesitate to ask.

Mrs. Merry Claus, I know you will do a wonderful job in your presentation!

This event sounds like it's going to be tons of fun~ Wish Santa Charlie and I could attend but it's just

not possible this time around.

Best of luck to you, I know you'll bring the house down! LOL..

Hello Merry claus,

I am sure there will be some decorating things we can use help with depending on when you arrive. I am hoping to be there some time in the morning with Santa Dennis and Sheila as well as my wife Larraine and daughter Tiffani. The vendors will be coming in at different times too so we will need to assist them in setting up. Any help we can get will be appreciated for sure.

Dear Santa George,

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it is finally here! My chair is loaded, the car is packed. Just the suitcases left to go and we are on our way. We will hopefully be there before noon tomorrow to start decorating and getting things set up. I hope I can sleep tonight. See all you attendees there!

George I am excited about going, my sister made a new elf suit for the young lady who worked the last two seasons as my elf. It promises to be a good time.

• Management

Santa Sean and I will be there Saturday and Sunday. See you then!

Have a SUPER FUN time at your Gathering this weekend.

Have fun everyone!! Wish I could be there. Someday, the sun and moon will align and I won't have a prior commitment that weekend!

We'll push some of this April Fool's Day snow your way! (No, that's not an April Fool's Joke unfortunately...)

Sorry I won't be able to join you all,but I sincerely hope you all have a great time. I know that if Santa George was involved in putting in together, having a good time is a given

• Management

I am putting my presentation together for tomorrow evening. I will be conducting tutorials as well as one-on-one hands-on sessions. I will of course be available before and after the session if anyone is interested.

I wish I was able to attend but the cards fell the wrong way. I hope every has a great time, take lots of pics and post please. :confused:

Archived