Steve from Japan in Florida

Steve

Hello Everyone,

Eileen Strom asked me to post here letting you all know that I am in Florida for a few weeks with my family to view what is happening in Japan from a safer distance.

I'm sorry I haven;t posted my show schedule sooner. It's been a pretty crazy week and I have just been working on getting work lined up.

If anyone is in or near Orlando here is my schedule of shows and lectures:

THese are two restaurants in Orlando where I will be doing walk around close-up magic:

Friday March 25 7-9 PM http://floridaeventmagic.com/fl-event-magic-orlando-tap-room-dubsdread.asp

Sunday March 27 7-9 PM http://floridaeventmagic.com/fl-event-magic-orlando-crave-at-millenia.asp

Thursday night. March 31, 2011 at 7:30pm Magic Lecture In Orlando

LECTURE LOCATION:

The lecture meeting places is at the I-Hop on Kirkman Road. I-HOP restaurant at 5203 Kirkman Road, Orlando, Florida 32819 across the street from Hooters near Universal Studios. 407-370-0597 (Back conference room)

Sunday April 3 Two shows (6 PM & 8 PM) at Wonderworks on International Drive in Orlando

Monday April 4 Magic Lecture In Lakeland at the IHop on 98 in Lakeland.

If you have any questions please feel free to e-mail me directly at: Magidude1@aol.com

It would be really cool if I could meet any of you at one of these events!!!!

Thanks,

Steve Marshall

Steve, I'll try to come by and meet you while you're here in Orlando.

Hello Everyone,

Eileen Strom asked me to post here letting you all know that I am in Florida for a few weeks with my family to view what is happening in Japan from a safer distance.

I'm sorry I haven;t posted my show schedule sooner. It's been a pretty crazy week and I have just been working on getting work lined up.

If anyone is in or near Orlando here is my schedule of shows and lectures:

THese are two restaurants in Orlando where I will be doing walk around close-up magic:

Friday March 25 7-9 PM http://floridaeventm...m-dubsdread.asp

Sunday March 27 7-9 PM http://floridaeventm...at-millenia.asp

Thursday night. March 31, 2011 at 7:30pm Magic Lecture In Orlando

LECTURE LOCATION:

The lecture meeting places is at the I-Hop on Kirkman Road. I-HOP restaurant at 5203 Kirkman Road, Orlando, Florida 32819 across the street from Hooters near Universal Studios. 407-370-0597 (Back conference room)

Sunday April 3 Two shows (6 PM & 8 PM) at Wonderworks on International Drive in Orlando

Monday April 4 Magic Lecture In Lakeland at the IHop on 98 in Lakeland.

If you have any questions please feel free to e-mail me directly at: Magidude1@aol.com

It would be really cool if I could meet any of you at one of these events!!!!

Thanks,

Steve Marshall

Glad to hear that you and your family are safe and I wish you safe travels.

Glad you are okay Steve! Best of luck for your shows in Florida!

• Management

So good to know you and your family are safe. Have much fun while in the States and good luck on your "tour".

Glad you are okay and enjoy your couple of weeks here.

Glad to hear that you finally made it back for a while. Wish I was in Florida to see one of your performances. Good Luck with everything!

Steve, could you email me your schedule? I will send out to the entire Palm Tree Santas mailing list. Probably the majority are not regular visitors or members of clausnet. however we have a dozen or more members within an hours drive of Oralndo, that might be able to come.

Wish I could make it, but I will be clowning around collecting smiles as Waki the Clown tomorrow afternoon and presenting a workshop next weekend at the Northeast Santas and Friends Annual Get Together. I will not be able to make it, but I will do my best to spread the word!

We are all glad you and your family are safe and continue to keep everyone in our prayers.

Great to know that you and the family are okay Steve, we wish you the best and pray for all those in Japan, I think there is going to a whole lot of hurt in this one before it is all over. Take care and good to have you safe!

Glad to hear that you and your family are safe

Steve, April 4 at IHOP might be available for me for me to be there.

• 2 months later...

Hi Everyone,

It's been a while since I've posted here on Clausnet and I just thought I'd give everyone an update on what's happened since April.

As was posted here, 10 day's after the big earthquake and tsunami hit here in Japan on March 11, my family and I returned to my home state of Florida for 2 1/2 weeks. During this time I was able to do 7 magic shows and 3 magic lectures which was a tremendous blessing since all of my shows were canceled here in Japan after the earthquake. Thing's are starting to back now but summer is not looking so good for events and shows.

Our trip back to FL was truly a life changing experience. During the second week of our stay we began looking at homes there and have decided to move back to FL as soon as we can sell our place here in Japan. This might take a while since it's really not a buyers market here since we continue to get aftershocks every once in a while. It's not nearly as bad as it was though... thank goodness!

Thank you so much to everyone who sent my family and I well wishes and prayers around the time of the earthquake. It really meant a lot to me!

THe magic lectures that I did in FL were very successful and so I am now planning a lecture tour for the East coast of the USA for this coming September. I will be starting in FL and heading up the East coast and then coming back to FL through the neighboring inland states. As soon as I get all the dates confirmed I'll post the schedule here as it would be great if I could meet anyone from Clausnet along the way! Also, it there's any magicians reading this who have a club on the east cost that might want to book my lecture please let me know. You can see more information about my lecture here: www.stevemania.com/lecture

I hope everyone is doing well and it's good to be back on Clausnet!!!!

Take care,

Steve Marshall

I am so glad to hear the good news!! Was wondering about how things were going and if you had returned to Japan or not.

So, is your family still in Florida or back in Japan now, was unclear from what you wrote...Hopefully you will be able to sell your (condo?) place soon and the girls can start school in the fall in Florida. I am sure that your folks were glad to see everyone and are looking forward to seeing their granddaughters (and yourself and wife) more!

Hopefully your lecture/show circuit will be booked and draw a crowd wherever they are! If you ever get into the San Antonio area (I have no idea if there are any Magic Castle type places here, as still new to the place myself), be sure to let us (me) know!

Archived