Northeast Santas Cape Cod Weekend Event a Huge Success!

Michael Rielly

• Management

I would like to be the first to congratulate Santa George Martin on this weekend's get together in Cape Cod!

The event is still going on as I write this. Santa Sean and I just got back home from the event. It was great fun! The hotel was wonderful, the food and entertainment was great! There were a few Santas causing trouble in the back of the room last night at the Christmas Dinner -- shooting off rocket balloons, but all in all it I think everyone had a great time!

:clap:

Rocket Balloons!!! Sounds like the M.O. of a older gently gentleman with white hair, beard and hails from down in the Palm Tree area may have been the culprit of this deed! Reports are he was last seen headed for Santa Claus, Indiana. If anyone hears or sees this man , consider him funny and totally harmless, but watch out for those rocket balloons!

Rocket Balloons? What's a Rocket Balloon? :innocent:

Just got back myself we had a wonderful time my wife patty and I and Victoria the elf and her mother who played Mrs Santa Maria. Just unloaded the car and settling back home this was way better than trying to put the gathering into 4 hours on a Saturday . We had a chance to meet and greet everyone share meals etc. Can't wait to se what George has in store for 2012. My Santa hat is off to you George well done!

I would like to be the first to congratulate Santa George Martin on this weekend's get together in Cape Cod!

The event is still going on as I write this. Santa Sean and I just got back home from the event. It was great fun! The hotel was wonderful, the food and entertainment was great! There were a few Santas causing trouble in the back of the room last night at the Christmas Dinner -- shooting off rocket balloons, but all in all it I think everyone had a great time!

Yes my small group of five including Sam seemed to be in the line of fire from incoming rocket balloons!

It seems that a certain, gentle, old man with a white beard from here in Florida was raising a little ruckus! That is what happens when he travels alone and is unsupervised! Attend events at your own risk though he is harmless and loves to collect those smiles! Look out Santa Claus, Indiana! (At least there will be eight other members of the Palm Tree Santas to attempt to keep him in line, HO! HO! HO!

Then again, do you really expect anything different from a group of Santas who choose to wear red camouflage pants?!?!?!?

In my haste to post pictures, I neglected to congratulate Santa George on the wonderful weekend, great location and stellar gathering! Job well done and a fun time.

I would just like to add my thanks and a hearty well done to Santa George, The Irish Village Hotel and all who were involved in this gathering. I met many wonderful brothers and sisters, elves, and helpers. I learned much, shared some, and look forward to next year.

Yes Indeed, this weekend in Cape Cod was a most happy and memorable one. Santa George and team of organizers, you out did yourselves. The Hotel was awesome, wonderfully decorated, and the food was terrific. Mary Ellen and I had a wonderful time and enjoyed all the presentations we attended. It was wonderful seeing old friends and meeting new ones. I can't wait for 2012. I hope we find ourselves at the Irish Village Inn again next year. I will be enclosing photos as well. Enjoy!

Santa George Leads the way at The North East Santa's ,a Great Event !

Thanks so much Santa Rielly! Santa Bob Elkins presentd a great talk on Santa-America and was allowed, not that he needed permission,LOL, to send some balloons flying around. When I saw that balloon float across the entire restraunt I about cracked up. The presentation put on for the "Knights of St. Nicholas" was wonderful and we were so proud to be the first group to have this first tier presentation. Thank you Legendary Santa! I had a wonderful time meeting old friends and new friends and I was totally satisfied with the events and hotel which was terrific in letting us take pretty much the whole place over. Now to start planning for next year!

Santa TJS,

It was wonderful meeting your real life wife again as well as your Elf and Mrs. Claus,her Mom. A real pleasure. Thank you so much for the presentation on wig and beard care and styling. I got thanked by every taditionally bearded Santa in attendance. Very generous of you to include the gifts to them like you did. We were thrilled that everyone enjoyed the weekend.

Just got back myself we had a wonderful time my wife patty and I and Victoria the elf and her mother who played Mrs Santa Maria. Just unloaded the car and settling back home this was way better than trying to put the gathering into 4 hours on a Saturday . We had a chance to meet and greet everyone share meals etc. Can't wait to se what George has in store for 2012. My Santa hat is off to you George well done!

It seems that a certain, gentle, old man with a white beard from here in Florida was raising a little ruckus! That is what happens when he travels alone and is unsupervised! Attend events at your own risk though he is harmless and loves to collect those smiles! Look out Santa Claus, Indiana! (At least there will be eight other members of the Palm Tree Santas to attempt to keep him in line, HO! HO! HO!

Then again, do you really expect anything different from a group of Santas who choose to wear red camouflage pants?!?!?!?

That gentle old man from Florida can surely come back any time and hopefully bring his red camo compadres with him!

In my haste to post pictures, I neglected to congratulate Santa George on the wonderful weekend, great location and stellar gathering! Job well done and a fun time.

Santa JG, It was great seeing you again and thank you also for contacting Adele's of Hollywood and asking for her to possibly donate something for us to raffle. What a wonderful suprise to find that the donation was a full Santa suit. The lucky gentleman who won it really needed it and it will be going to a good home. Thank you Adele's !

I would just like to add my thanks and a hearty well done to Santa George, The Irish Village Hotel and all who were involved in this gathering. I met many wonderful brothers and sisters, elves, and helpers. I learned much, shared some, and look forward to next year.

Santa Knows,

It was nice meeting with you again and I am very happy you enjoyed yourself. The knowledge we gain by the up close and personal meeting at gatherings such as these is invaluable.

Yes Indeed, this weekend in Cape Cod was a most happy and memorable one. Santa George and team of organizers, you out did yourselves. The Hotel was awesome, wonderfully decorated, and the food was terrific. Mary Ellen and I had a wonderful time and enjoyed all the presentations we attended. It was wonderful seeing old friends and meeting new ones. I can't wait for 2012. I hope we find ourselves at the Irish Village Inn again next year. I will be enclosing photos as well. Enjoy!

Santa Kevin,

As always, it was a pleasure seeing you and Mary Ellen. Thank you so much for doing the prayer before the Dinner on Saturday. Thank Mary Ellen for showing me my exact double Santa decoration! She certainly does have an eye for detail! We are already in talks with the Irish Village for next year. There will once again be a block of rooms at a special price to again include meals. There will be more info on this soon. Rather than clutter up ClausNET, I will be sending e-mails when I have the information.

Santa George, let me just add my thanks as well. It was a real pleasure getting to meet everyone for the first time, and I really look forward to next year. Awesome job by all involved, including the hotel staff. I hope to forge some great friendships going forward, and what better group of people to do it with. Now that we're home, I can concentrate on that new suit and bleaching!

Santa George, let me just add my thanks as well. It was a real pleasure getting to meet everyone for the first time, and I really look forward to next year. Awesome job by all involved, including the hotel staff. I hope to forge some great friendships going forward, and what better group of people to do it with. Now that we're home, I can concentrate on that new suit and bleaching!

Santa John,

It was great meeting you and your wife and finally getting to talk one on one this morning. I am very happy you enjoyed yourself and look forward to speaking with you again. As I said this morning, feel free to call me any time. Glad you made it home safely.

Thank YOU Santa George and all of your faithful band of helpers. I enjoyed myself immensely, to be able to meet many Santas personally whom I may have known only over clausnet was indeed very special to me. To chat with old and new friends, only made you wish you had more time just to visit, even though I believe most everyone enjoyed the workshops and presentations immensely.

Of course, it is for certain that we all enjoyed the FOOD! ho ho ho! and the cost was just about as inexpensive as could be! You must have gotten a great discount on the rooms and great discounts on the meals for all we received! Best "bang" for the buck! I have seen!

I started reading on my way back to Florida, the book I won from Mike Rielly in his clausnet workshop. The Christmas Chronicles by Jeff Guinn I know there was discussion on clausnet a few months ago about this and the same title by Tim Sloven, which I had read and enjoyed.

However, if you haven't read the book by Jeff Guinn, you are missing it! if you really want to understand how St. Nicholas came to be known as Santa Claus, buy it and read it! You will enjoy it immensely, thanks Mike for urging me to read Jeff Guinn! It is awesome!

Since I was sitting at a table with Mike Rielly and his son Sean, everyone knows I would not be one to corrupt the social behavior of a young man with something silly like Rocket Balloons.....................unless persuaded to do so by.......ummm lets just say his best friend!?

Kudos to the organizers and their support staff who put together the Northeast Santa Convention 2011 for all of us to enjoy …. and enjoy we did. It was a great weekend with great lodging, food, entertainment, vendors, and presentations with old and new friends. What could be finer? I’m looking forward to the next gathering of Santas. These events are always so much fun and packed full of great information that is freely shared by all. Good job done by all. Thanks for the fun weekend.

• Management

Thank YOU Santa George and all of your faithful band of helpers. I enjoyed myself immensely, to be able to meet many Santas personally whom I may have known only over clausnet was indeed very special to me. To chat with old and new friends, only made you wish you had more time just to visit, even though I believe most everyone enjoyed the workshops and presentations immensely.

Of course, it is for certain that we all enjoyed the FOOD! ho ho ho! and the cost was just about as inexpensive as could be! You must have gotten a great discount on the rooms and great discounts on the meals for all we received! Best "bang" for the buck! I have seen!

I started reading on my way back to Florida, the book I won from Mike Rielly in his clausnet workshop. The Christmas Chronicles by Jeff Guinn I know there was discussion on clausnet a few months ago about this and the same title by Tim Sloven, which I had read and enjoyed.

However, if you haven't read the book by Jeff Guinn, you are missing it! if you really want to understand how St. Nicholas came to be known as Santa Claus, buy it and read it! You will enjoy it immensely, thanks Mike for urging me to read Jeff Guinn! It is awesome!

Since I was sitting at a table with Mike Rielly and his son Sean, everyone knows I would not be one to corrupt the social behavior of a young man with something silly like Rocket Balloons.....................unless persuaded to do so by.......ummm lets just say his best friend!?

Glad to see you are enjoying the book! What I love about Guinn's book is how he weaves science and the true history of Nicholas of Myra into the story. Guinn's "Christmas Chronicles" is includes all three of his Santa Claus novels:

-The Autobiography of Santa Claus

-How Mrs. Claus Saved Christmas

-The Great Santa Search

All three books are great! The last one, "The Great Santa Search" is very interesting. Clearly Guinn did his research on the Santa Claus community.

It was great to see so many folks at this event! I only wish I was able to make it to all of the workshops. I am sorry I missed Diane's presentation on Mrs. Claus. It is amazing how much information there was at this event! The food was great as was the entertainment! Even with those rowdy Santas in the back... ;)

Kudos to the organizers and their support staff who put together the Northeast Santa Convention 2011 for all of us to enjoy …. and enjoy we did. It was a great weekend with great lodging, food, entertainment, vendors, and presentations with old and new friends. What could be finer? I’m looking forward to the next gathering of Santas. These events are always so much fun and packed full of great information that is freely shared by all. Good job done by all. Thanks for the fun weekend.

Mrs. Merry Claus,

I heard a lot of great things about your workshop. Thank you for the nice compliments and for your presentation. All the workshops were wonderful and I hope to have more time available next year. Now it is back to reality and off to work.

Santa George

Wow, we got home at 2 AM this morning! I would like to give my thanks to Santas George Martin and Dennis Mann, what a great job guys, Grace and I had such a wonderful time. I would like to thank both of you, Mike Rielly and Bob Elkin for the kick off to the Knights of St. Nicholas program. I think it was well received and there will be much more to come. I would also like to thank everyone who supported me as a vendor. Looking forward to next year.

Santa George,

Bonnie Claus and myself had another Great time seeing old friends and making new ones. The rooms were very roomy, the staff very friendly, the food and entertainment excellent. Hope to see everyone there again next year.

Haven't read the book I received, "The Autobiography of Santa Claus", yet, but will when I slow down a bit, as we're getting packed again and getting ready for another Great time in Santa Claus, Indiana. Oh, what was that book I received for, Oh, that's right I was the Children's choice in the parade for being The "REAL SANTA CLAUS". Thanks again George for a wonderful time.

The Rocket Ballon flights made it onto my camera, in video, humm if I knew more about getting them posted here, you might get a surprize as to there flight and where they came from. I wouldn't mention who, but I'm sure, Florida and Rhode Island had a hand in it.

Santa Mike Stroh, sorry you missed this event, but you were there with me, as I was wearing the Santa Claus suit I had purchased from you last Season and was wearing it for the parade. That and having randomly received the number 25 to wear, might have gotten me that one extra vote to win the title. The children might have picked me this year at the Northeast Cape Cod Weekend, but I pick all of my Santa Friend's as my "REAL SANTA CLAUS". When we all return home to our own area, we are all the "REAL CLAUS". :yahoo:

Wow, we got home at 2 AM this morning! I would like to give my thanks to Santas George Martin and Dennis Mann, what a great job guys, Grace and I had such a wonderful time. I would like to thank both of you, Mike Rielly and Bob Elkin for the kick off to the Knights of St. Nicholas program. I think it was well received and there will be much more to come. I would also like to thank everyone who supported me as a vendor. Looking forward to next year.

Santa Dennis, I am glad you and Grace made it home safely and am happy you enjoyed your return visit to New England. I can't wait to wear my new shirts! Have fun at the next gathering.

Santa George,

Bonnie Claus and myself had another Great time seeing old friends and making new ones. The rooms were very roomy, the staff very friendly, the food and entertainment excellent. Hope to see everyone there again next year.

Haven't read the book I received, "The Autobiography of Santa Claus", yet, but will when I slow down a bit, as we're getting packed again and getting ready for another Great time in Santa Claus, Indiana. Oh, what was that book I received for, Oh, that's right I was the Children's choice in the parade for being The "REAL SANTA CLAUS". Thanks again George for a wonderful time.

The Rocket Ballon flights made it onto my camera, in video, humm if I knew more about getting them posted here, you might get a surprize as to there flight and where they came from. I wouldn't mention who, but I'm sure, Florida and Rhode Island had a hand in it.

Santa Mike Stroh, sorry you missed this event, but you were there with me, as I was wearing the Santa Claus suit I had purchased from you last Season and was wearing it for the parade. That and having randomly received the number 25 to wear, might have gotten me that one extra vote to win the title. The children might have picked me this year at the Northeast Cape Cod Weekend, but I pick all of my Santa Friend's as my "REAL SANTA CLAUS". When we all return home to our own area, we are all the "REAL CLAUS". :yahoo:

Santa Vern and Bonnie,

Once again it was a pleasure to talk with you both and listen to you brag about being the children's choice as the real Santa. Ho Ho Ho ! Seriously tho, it was nice seeing you both again and looking forward to competeing with you again next year. Have fun at the next gathering!

• 2 weeks later...

I am looking forward to seeing some more pictures of the event cameras were everywhere!

:thumbup2:

I am looking forward to seeing some more pictures of the event cameras were everywhere!

Go to facebook, Santa Vern and check out some pictures I added there in an album of the Northeast Santas Cape Cod Weekend Event. Enjoy. :thumbup2:

Thanks those are great pictures!

• 1 year later...

To a wonderful time on Cape Cod at the Irish Village. Santa George is a True Santa and also a wondeful Person. It is a pleasure for Pat and Myself to call You and Your lovely Wife Our Friends. It was a Great weekend till it was time to leave. So many Great Brothers and Mrs and Elves. Cannot wait till next Year. Thanks again Santa George for all Your Hard work and effort so We could all enjoy. God Bless You and all envolved. Santa Bob Claus.

Archived