The Palm Tree Santas Drill Team Will March!

Gator Claus

If you don't believe that a group of Santas should gather and march in a parade, then don't read this topic any further and don't bother to post a reply.

The Palm Tree Santas Drill Team will continue march in a parade to honor our veterans, perform our patriotic program and will continue to spread our message of Pride, Honor, and Courage to the children through out the year. This Friday evening we will perform our Patriotic Program at the Ocala, Florida Shriners Club. On the Fourth of July we will be marching in the Safety Harbor, Florida, Fourth of July Parade and performing our Patriotic Program in the park in the center of town.

In a previous post, there were several off-hand comments about having the existence of a Drill Team marching in a parade with other Santas and confusing children. Another comment mentioned that a group of Santas standing in public in front of a huge Santa Claus statue with children present probably wasn't a good idea either but was apparently okay for some and not others. ( If group of Santas standing in front a larger than life Santa statue offends you, wait until you see our new Team Photos!)

Well, the Palm Tree Santas Drill Team will continue gather and to march in as many parades as we are invited to. As Team Leader, I do have the final say as to which parades and venues that the Team will be at. I base that decision on what is best in keeping with our purpose and mission as a Team. I have sent an email to each member of the Executive Board planning Clausfest informing them to please remove the name of the Palm Tree Santas Drill Team from any and all activities associated with Clausfest. So far this request has not been honored. The Drill Team will not be appearing in Gatlinburg at Clausfest.

Finally, in every parade that the Drill Team has marched in, we have been greeted with more smiles, cheers, and flag waving than any of us could ever imagine. It is because of the support and love shown by these children, young and old alike, that the Drill Team will continue to march, pay honor to our heroes and represent the Santa Claus community at every opportunity!

I think what you Santas do is terrific!!! I have seen you in action on video, but unfortunately never had the pleasure of seeing a live demonstration. That is a situation I hope to remedy as soon as is logistically possible. In the meantime, God Bless the Santa Drill Team and the UNITED States of America!

I have sent an email to each member of the Executive Board planning Clausfest informing them to please remove the name of the Palm Tree Santas Drill Team from any and all activities associated with Clausfest. So far this request has not been honored. The Drill Team will not be appearing in Gatlinburg at Clausfest.

Can you specifically tell us where these items are where we are suppose to remove the name of the Palm Tree Santas Drill Team?

From Santa Gator on page 4 of the ClausFest file - "We would be honored to be a part of Clausfest next year and perform in front of our Brothers and Sisters in whatever capacity that you feel is appropriate. Just let us know when you begin planning that phase of Clausfest!"

Santa Gator,

If your talking about statements like the one above, we can't remove this one because this is one you made on our ClausFest file.

If you don't believe that a group of Santas should gather and march in a parade, then don't read this topic any further and don't bother to post a reply.

The Palm Tree Santas Drill Team will continue march in a parade to honor our veterans, perform our patriotic program and will continue to spread our message of Pride, Honor, and Courage to the children through out the year. This Friday evening we will perform our Patriotic Program at the Ocala, Florida Shriners Club. On the Fourth of July we will be marching in the Safety Harbor, Florida, Fourth of July Parade and performing our Patriotic Program in the park in the center of town.

In a previous post, there were several off-hand comments about having the existence of a Drill Team marching in a parade with other Santas and confusing children. Another comment mentioned that a group of Santas standing in public in front of a huge Santa Claus statue with children present probably wasn't a good idea either but was apparently okay for some and not others. ( If group of Santas standing in front a larger than life Santa statue offends you, wait until you see our new Team Photos!)

Well, the Palm Tree Santas Drill Team will continue gather and to march in as many parades as we are invited to. As Team Leader, I do have the final say as to which parades and venues that the Team will be at. I base that decision on what is best in keeping with our purpose and mission as a Team. I have sent an email to each member of the Executive Board planning Clausfest informing them to please remove the name of the Palm Tree Santas Drill Team from any and all activities associated with Clausfest. So far this request has not been honored. The Drill Team will not be appearing in Gatlinburg at Clausfest.

Finally, in every parade that the Drill Team has marched in, we have been greeted with more smiles, cheers, and flag waving than any of us could ever imagine. It is because of the support and love shown by these children, young and old alike, that the Drill Team will continue to march, pay honor to our heroes and represent the Santa Claus community at every opportunity!

Santa Dennis,

I believe you have totally missed the point of the poll. It was a poll only and many people have registered their opinions. It wasn't about the Drill Team Marching, not marching or whatever, it was aimed at Santas appearing in a parade of Santas such as has taken place in Gatlinburg twice and Branson, Mo. once at those National Conventions. It was not ever intended as a slam for the Drill Team, and frankly I'm shocked if you thought it was. If you would take some time occasionally to do your homework, you would find there's nobody more Patriotic on this planet than Santa Pirate. It was a POLL and nothing more. The Author cannot be and should not be condemned for comments made by others.

As for the Drill Team not appearing at ClausFest, you failed to mention in your note here that your note of 'regret' to the Directors of Clausfest, stated your team was already committed elsewhere, but your post here would lead others to believe that there's something with ClausFest you find objectionable.

If that is the case, please to tell me what that is? I believe you have been seriously misled by others and have been taken advantage of. I know you personally and the Dennis I know is a better person than what your post would suggest in your unkind remarks. For what it's worth, we had never included the Drill Team in the ClausFest schedule as it is incomplete as far as entertainment in concerned at this point. So for you to say your request to be 'removed' wasn't possible since it was never formally scheduled in the first place.

ClausFest is a group of 6 dedicated people who's mission is to restore the good name of Santa Claus in Gatlinburg, Tennessee. We want to give back to that community for the suffering many Individuals have suffered at the hand of only two people, but those two people were members of the Santa Claus Community and the rest of us, we believe, have found a way to not only make amends with those so terribly hurt, but to also restore the credibility, honor and dignity of everything Santa Claus is supposed to be to that region and show them who we really are. I'm very sorry if you don't feel the Drill Team should be a part of that., it's very sad indeed.

Dennis, you are so much better than this type behavior, please take a moment and think about just what it IS that you know absolutely and personally about ClausFest you find unsatisfactory. Throw out what others have told you; there seems to be a lot of untruths being spread about that are totally fictional . Please know that I'm available to talk to you or anybody else for that matter either by phone or e-mail and clear up any questions or concerns you or anyone else might have about ClausFest.

My prayer list continues to grow, it seems.

From Santa Gator on page 4 of the ClausFest file - "We would be honored to be a part of Clausfest next year and perform in front of our Brothers and Sisters in whatever capacity that you feel is appropriate. Just let us know when you begin planning that phase of Clausfest!"

Santa Gator,

If your talking about statements like the one above, we can't remove this one because this is one you made on our ClausFest file.

Tim, to my knowledge, we informally responded to Dennis' request to perform, but never actually did confirm that performance much less schedule it, did we? Not that we wouldn't have, we just had not gotten that far in the planning of entertainment; officially, that is..

Tim, to my knowledge, we informally responded to Dennis' request to perform, but never actually did confirm that performance much less schedule it, did we? Not that we wouldn't have, we just had not gotten that far in the planning of entertainment; officially, that is..

That is correct! The Drill Team showed an interest of being there and participating, but I don't know that we (ClausFest) had posted that they would perform officially.

Cindylu

I don't think Dennis thinks that I am against drill team and that I was pointing out to others who dont think multi Santas should appearing in public I sent him a private message cuz I belive some issues should be discussed directly & privatly

Cindylu

I don't think Dennis thinks that I am against drill team and that I was pointing out to others who dont think multi Santas should appearing in public I sent him a private message cuz I belive some issues should be discussed directly & privatly

No, Santa Pirate I don't think so either, but I do think from the tone of his message that he thinks the whole topic is about the Santa Drill Team Marching in public or something. Actually, it's kind of confusing.

Santa Rielly, would you please consider closing this post, it seems to have strayed from my original intent which was to simply state that I disagreed with others opinion concerning parades and marching Santas. It was never my intent to show malice towards any member associated with ClausFest, in fact I wish them well on their endeavors to bring a healing between the Santa community and the City of Gatlinburg. Simply, the Drill Team will not be a part the festivities. This is the last that I plan to say on this matter. Let's move forward.

You asked us to remove any mention of the drill team from any of the ClausFest activities. Can you specify to us what you were talking about?

Archived