Northeast Santa Cape Cod Gathering 2012

Santa George

Hello Brother Santas, Mrs. Claus', Elves and lovers of Christmas. I hope everyone has as wonderful Season !

The following is information on rates and some of the possible classes that will happen. We are welcoming any assistance or suggestions that anyone has. I would like to set up the weekend with assorted meet and greets as well as informational classes that anyone can attend. Obviously with the Season upon us it will be much better to plan more after the Holidays are done.

We will again have vendor rooms set up for any of our vendors attending. If anyone knows of a vendor who may like to attend, please let me know. Of course, just like last year, we will not be charging for any vendor space.

I am working on getting our photographer back again this year and hopefully the price will stay the same for the group and individual photos.

We have an initial block of 75 rooms which we may be able to expand to more if needed. If anyone knows of any vendors interested in attending please have them contact me.

DATES

May 4-6, 2012

I am pleased to announce that there is no increase in room and meal packages from last year.

The room rates are as follows:

logo_bottom.gif

Cape Cod Irish Village

822 Route 28, S. Yarmouth, MA 02664

WEBSITE

TEL: (508) 771-0100

FAX: (508) 771-3305

ARRIVE: Friday May 4th, 2012

DEPART: Monday May 7th, 2012

MEAL PLAN DETAILS

Breakfast: Full breakfast each morning

Dinner: Choice of menu dinners served on Friday and Sunday evenings.

Group banquet dinner served in Irish Village Restaurant starting at 7 p.m. on Saturday evening.

RATES

3 night stay includes 3 breakfasts, 2 dinners (choice), 1 banquet dinner

Single: $260

Double: $185

Add Person: $115

2 night stay includes 2 breakfasts, 1 dinner (choice), 1 banquet dinner

Single: $190

Double: $135

Add Person: $85

1 night stay includes, 1 breakfast, 1 banquet dinner

Single: $100

Double: $75

Add Person: $50

Rates are per person. Gratuities not included. Banquet dinner alone without hotel stay $24. There will also be a Saturday luncheon available for $10 per person. These rates are an exceptional value and I would like to thank Santa Dennis Mann and Sheila Williams for their help in getting such a fine place for us to celebrate our brotherhood. There will eventually be a cut off date for reservations to be announced.

DEPOSIT

$50 deposit per room due at time of reservation.

WORKSHOP INFORMATION

All seminars will be on a volunteer attendance and no one is required to attend unless interested.

VENDOR INFORMATION

We will not be charging any vendor for attending. They will be responsible for their own rooms etc. at the above rates. We hope to have the venodor room open at specific hours.

ENTERTAINMENT AND ATTRACTIONS

Irish entertainment each evening starting at 8:30 p.m.

We will also be trying to set up different venues for attendees to visit while we are there. The Cape Cod mall is also in the area for easy access to shoppers wishing to visit. Any and all Christmas lovers etc are invited.

MORE ATTRACTIONS

Please contact me if you have any questions and/or suggestions! Any and all help, suggestions, etc., with this will definitely be appreciated!

The purpose of this e-mail is so you are notified in a timely fashion and can plan ahead for the coming year. Everyone who attended last year was very happy with meals and accomodations. I do not believe a better deal at a comparable hoted can be found anywhere on Cape Cod! Everyone is invited.

Watch for more news after the first of the year!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is wonderful news, Santa George. Mary Ellen and I always have so much fun. I am glad to see it will be a bit later too. You can count us in for sure.

The Wyatt's will be there will bells on our toes, literally! Also, I need to talk to you about a vendor and a photographer (if you need one) - Santa Pete

Hello Brother Santas, Mrs. Claus', Elves and lovers of Christmas. I hope everyone has as wonderful Season !

The following is information on rates and some of the possible classes that will happen. We are welcoming any assistance or suggestions that anyone has. I would like to set up the weekend with assorted meet and greets as well as informational classes that anyone can attend. Obviously with the Season upon us it will be much better to plan more after the Holidays are done.

Excellent George! I was just starting to wonder about this. I hope to be able to attend again this year. Last year was fun!

I wil be there with my crew, see you in May!

I am hoping to be there!

Maybe going to this will get the Mrs in the mood to be Mrs Claus again.

• 4 weeks later...

I am definitely interested in attending...

Can't wait for more information

• 4 weeks later...

Santa TJS, Tom Sheerin has volunteered to be our first workshop presenter. He was very well received last year so I asked him to do another workshop on Traditional beards and wigs again this year. Thanks Tom!

Santa George, thanks once again for settting this up. Both of us are excited about being there again!

• 2 weeks later...

I am really considering going. However, this will be the first large scale gathering for me and I have no idea of what to expect.

I probably will not be able to arrive until Friday night and I will have to leave on Sunday afternoon. Will I miss too much to make the trip worth it?

Any ideas?

This year, I believe I might be coming!!! So excited!! I have always wanted to come up for this one and this year the sun and moon aligned correctly!! Haha.

• Management

I am really considering going. However, this will be the first large scale gathering for me and I have no idea of what to expect.

I probably will not be able to arrive until Friday night and I will have to leave on Sunday afternoon. Will I miss too much to make the trip worth it?

Any ideas?

Expect a lot of "Ho Ho Ho"s and long lines at the buffet... LOL

This year, I believe I might be coming!!! So excited!! I have always wanted to come up for this one and this year the sun and moon aligned correctly!! Haha.

That's great Dutch! I really hope you can make it, it would be great to finally meet you! Cathy and I had a great time at Cape Cod last year, and are really looking forward to going back. The only thing I will do differently is have a definite plan for our free time. We just ended up driving North, not knowing where we were going. Quite frankly, we didn't really get much accomplished other than viewing the scenery, which was lovely. Maybe this year we will head towards Plymouth. We'll see. Anyone have any suggestions?

Santa John,

I am looking into what is going on at that time of the year on the Cape and will soon have some info and suggestions on what is open. I am waiting to hear from the Cape Cod Chamber of Commerce. It should be even warmer weather than last year as it is a month later. There will be more info as time goes on. I may head out to the Cape in a week or so and see what I can find for things to do. We will make it a day trip so stay tuned. I am working on a bunch of things too so hopefully it will be bigger and better!

That's great Dutch! I really hope you can make it, it would be great to finally meet you! Cathy and I had a great time at Cape Cod last year, and are really looking forward to going back. The only thing I will do differently is have a definite plan for our free time. We just ended up driving North, not knowing where we were going. Quite frankly, we didn't really get much accomplished other than viewing the scenery, which was lovely. Maybe this year we will head towards Plymouth. We'll see. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks Santa George! I really appreciate all the time and effort that you put into this event. I am sure it will be a very fun time!

Maybe next year - we have a first communion on Sunday and it would to long of a drive to get back in time

• 5 weeks later...

I truly regret because of my "life" schedule I will not be able to attend this year. I know I will missing out on a good time as this is always great fun and it's easy to see all the hard work that goes into making this event happen. My deepest appreciation to all who work so hard to make this event such a success. Good Job!! I'll be looking forward to next years gathering.

Fellow Merry Makers

I will be there on Friday, Saturday and will have to leave Sunday afternoon

Traveling from the foot of the Catskills and Pocono Mountains (around 5 hours)

Any word on events for the weekend ? What time is Dinner Friday Night

so I make sure I am there early enough. Can't wait to meet everyone

NYSANTA aka Howie :santa_cheesy:

We had a meeting with the Yarmouth and the Cape Cod Chambers and things are shaping up. More info will be coming when we get more into the process with them but it proved to be an exciting meeting with them and the event can only get bigger and better.

I had made up my mind to go, when finances stepped in and told me otherwise. It just doesn't look like we will be able to afford the trip this year. I am very disappointed. Perhaps next year we will be able to make it.

I had made up my mind to go, when finances stepped in and told me otherwise. It just doesn't look like we will be able to afford the trip this year. I am very disappointed. Perhaps next year we will be able to make it.

We will surely miss your presence. You were such a wonderful addition last year, but we will see you again another time. Take care, my friend.

That's great

I just ordered my first Yak beard and wig today

could use all the tips I can get.

So if you need Ginnie Pig I'm your man

NYSANTA aka Howie :thumbsup:

Santa TJS, Tom Sheerin has volunteered to be our first workshop presenter. He was very well received last year so I asked him to do another workshop on Traditional beards and wigs again this year. Thanks Tom!

• Management

Looking forward to seeing everyone! It's always a lot of fun! But here is the BEST thing about our Northeast Santas get togethers...

NO DUES, NO FEES, NO ELECTIONS, and NO TITLES!

Can't wait to meet many of my peers, any word yet on an outline of events ?

Oh on Title lets see who answers when they say Santa LOL

The IRISH Village on the Cape did a great job for us last year, food and hospitality was excellent!!!

I am working on it with the Cape Cod Chambers. We have a few events in the planning stages with appearances by some of the Santas at various locations and will also continue with the seminars. I also have a number of vendors that are going to be there and it is slowly coming together. There will be an announcement soon with the new info.

Our reservations are made and we are bringing another Maine Santa with us this year. Very Very excited.

Our reservations are made and we are bringing another Maine Santa with us this year. Very Very excited.

Both of us look forward to seeing you again this year! Should be fun, can't wait.

Keepers of Chirstmas

Looking foword to the big event,all ready booked my room for the weekend,get in earley there filling up fast

After the OK from Santa George, Mary Ellen and I will be selling original Handcrafted Christmas Ornaments at the North East Gathering. I have about fifty specifically made as Keepsakes of our 2012 gathering and many other 2012 designs. Price on these will be $1.00 a piece. They make great little gifts too. Can't wait to see you all there.

I am still hoping to be there. I should know more in a week or so.

I have never attended a gathering before and I am excited at the possibility.

Friday May 4th, 2012 --

Meet and Greet - Main workshop room across from pool.

Vendors setup - either in their rooms or an area will be set up like last year.

Dinner until 8:00 p.m.

Entertainment 8:30

Time-line for Saturday, May 5, 2012 tentative

9:00AM - ALL Santa Photos at Village (outside on steps)

9:30AM - Board trolley or bus at the Irish Village to Ryan Family Amusement (Voluntary)

9:45AM - Arrive -Ryan Family Amusement Photo op

10:00AM to 11:30AM - Bowling complimentary for all children, no bowling shoes required- please have Santa Chair ready and set up on middle lane

11:30AM - Board Trolley or bus to travel back to the Irish Village

11:45AM to 1:00PM - Lunch at the Village for all Santa’s and families will be able to purchase lunch- cost not more than $10.00

1:00PM - Parade and photo op- this will be around the Village parking lot

2:00PM - on NEED Santa’s at different spots around Yarmouth- (voluntary)

Right now Bass River Sports World. They will gladly participate in the Saturday May 5, 2012 event and they have offered us complimentary golf coins for us to give out to children that watch the parade. Possibility of having some Santa’s mini golfing at Skull Island at Bass River Sports World that afternoon.

P&B Bus Lines – they will gladly donate a trolley( they usually have the trolley’s off the road for sprucing up or mechanical fixes) or full bus for the event and are looking forward to having the Santa’s on board for their journey up and down 28 to Ryan Family Amusements at no charge to us!! This would make a perfect photo opportunity for his company.

Cape Cod Potato Chips supplied for the event.

More info to come

4:00PM to 6:30PM - Seminars

7:00PM - Traditional Christmas dinner

Santa George

The meet n greet Friday do you know when it will start. I am traveling from the Catskills in NY and have to see if I need to take the day off from work?

Thanks NYSANTA aka Howie

We generally get there early in the day to do any setup and decorating. I would guess we will be there around noon or so. Dinner is served until 8 I believe. There are a number of seafood restraunts in the area as well as other places to get a bite.

George

I am being sent to a conference at Mohegan on Friday the 4th by my employer. I am hoping to get out on Friday night. I will try to get there on Saturday but most likely late in the day. I will know more in a few weeks as to when I will arrive.

Vendors

1) Santa & Mrs. Claus Jewelry by Nancy Hopkins of Clay Snakes Designs

2) Bullfrog Brand Leather products such as belts and leather "Santa's Good Book" and other hand made leather items. Steve & Jackye Blackburn

3) Spear Boots from Springfield, Mass. Custom made boots and belts. John Spear

4) Margo Stuart clothing for Santa & Mrs. Claus.

5) Mike Bovill and his book "Tracker, Santa's Puppy" and other Christmas and Santa related items.

6) Santa Kevin Dutil and hand made Christmas ornaments for $1.

7) Santa Bob Murphy is bringing a 5 or 6 hand carved Santa staffs and a few other wooden hat pins etc.

We are stilll trying to get an embroyderer there to do things at the hotel.

We are still trying to get New England Bells to attend.

Working on getting RI Novelty to attend.

There are other vendors in the works.

Workshops

1) Traditionasl beard and hair care workshop by Santa TJS - Tom Sheerin who is an expert with traditional beard. (Saturday approx. 4 p.m.)

2) Silent Santa Bob will have a workshop for simple signs pertaining to children at Christmas. (Sunday)

3) I will be hosting a real beard and hair care workshop. (Saturday approx. 4 p.m.)

4) Santa Dan Greenleaf will be doing a workshop fpr promoting Santa using Facebook, Twitter and more. (Sat or Sun)

5) Santa Bob Elkin will do a presentation on "Santa America"(Sunday)

6) Santa Pete Wyatt form Pennsylvania will be holding a short Santa when you are not Santa, or the Off=Season Santa workshop also. (Sun)

• 2 weeks later...

ho ho ho! to the Northeast Santas, thanks for your invitation, just made my airline reservations! be looking forward to seeing everyone and enjoying some great food in addition to the great Hospitality!

I will not give Mike Rielly any Rocket balloons to annoy you with, I think I will charge him!!!

Looking forward to singing along with you once again this year, Santa Bob. Dominique the Christmas Donkey never had a better rendition.

• 3 weeks later...

Now that Indiana is done, looking forard to meeting and networking with fellow Santa's here on the Cape May 4-6.

Since this will be my first event here are we bringing outfits for pictures, fashion shows etc

• Management

Santa Sean and I will be available to do hands on ClausNet training for anyone looking for a little help with the new version!

I promise to keep Bob from shooting off those rocket balloons... :)

Vendor and Workshops

1) Santa & Mrs. Claus Jewelry by Nancy Hopkins of Clay Snakes Designs

2) John Spear of Spear Boots from Springfield, Mass. Custom made boots and belts.

3) Margo Stuart clothing for Santa & Mrs. Claus and embroidering on site.

4) Mike Bovill and Rhode Island Novelty items available for viewing Mike’s book "Tracker, Santa's Puppy" and other Christmas and Santa related items on display.

5) Santa Bob Murphy is bringing a few hand carved Santa staffs and a few other wooden hat pins etc.

6) Wicked Cool Candles (smokeless soy candles) many uses.

7) Debbie Reese, author of “The Christmas Pumpkin” will be joining us and will be doing a book signing! She can be found on facebook as “The Christmas Pumpkin” or at her home page at www.beebopbooks.com

Workshops

Saturday

4:00-5:00 p.m. Traditional beard and hair care workshop by Santa TJS - Tom Sheerin who is an expert with traditional beard.

4:00 – 5:00 p.m. Santa Bob Elkin will do a presentation on "Santa-America

5:15 -6:15 p.m. Santa George will do a workshop titled “From Mall to Home” with info on how to transition from doing Mall work to doing home and corporate visits

6:30-8:00 p.m. Traditional Christmas Dinner.

Sunday

Breakfast served from 8-11 a.m.

9:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. Santa Pete Wyatt from Pennsylvania will be holding a short workshop “Santa when you are not Santa, or the Off Season Santa”

10:45 – 11:45 Santa Dan Greenleaf will be doing a workshop for promoting Santa using Facebook, Twitter and more.

12:00 – 2:00 p.m. Lunch break

2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. Silent Santa Bob will have a workshop for simple signs pertaining to children at Christmas.

3:15 – 4:15 p.m. Santa George will be hosting a real beard and hair care workshop.

Dinner 5-8 p.m.

Schedule

Friday May 4th, 2012 --

5-? - Meet and Greet - Main workshop room across from pool.

Vendors setup - either in their rooms or an area will be set up like last year.

5:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. Dinner is served by reservation.

Irish Village Entertainment 8:00

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Breakfast is served from 7:00 – 11:00 a.m.

9:00 a.m. sharp ALL Santa Photos at Village (outside on steps)-

9:30 sharp Board trolley or bus, please be ready at the Irish Village to Ryan Family Amusement (Voluntary)

9:45-11:30 a.m. Arrive -Ryan Family Amusement Photo op and bowling complimentary for all children no bowling shoes required- please have Santa Chair ready and set up on middle lane.

11:30- Board Trolley or bus -travel to Parker's River Beach for photos then back to the Irish Village.

11:45-12:45 Lunch at the Village for all Santa’s and families will be able to purchase lunch- cost not more than $10.00 per person.

1:00PM sharp-Parade and photo op- this will be around the Village parking lot free raffle to the public before and after the parade. (voluntary)

2:00 – 4:00 approx. will need Santa’s at different spots around Yarmouth- (voluntary)

Bass River Sports World will gladly participate in the Saturday May 5, 2012 event and they have offered us complimentary golf coins for us to give out to children that watch the parade. Looking for volunteer Santas for mini golfing and photo opportunities at Skull Island at Bass River Sports World that afternoon.

P&B Bus Lines are gladly donating a trolley( they usually have the trolley’s off the road for sprucing up or mechanical fixes) or full bus for the event and are looking forward to having the Santa’s on board for their journey up and down 28 to Ryan Family Amusements at no charge to us!! This would make a perfect photo opportunity for his company. Cape Cod Potato Chips supplied for the event.

4-6:30 p.m. will be seminars

7:00 p. m.- Traditional Christmas dinner. Winners of photo contest announced.

Sunday May 6th

Breakfast – 8-11 a.m.

Workshops start at 9:30 a.m.

Dinner starts at 5 and entertainment at 8.

O.K. Santa, it’s time to show us “what you got!”

This year, the Northeast Santas 2012 Cape Cod weekend on May 5th/6th

will be hosting its first annual “Santa Photo Contest” at the Irish Village.

All attending Santas are encouraged to participate.

A panel of impartial judges from the Cape Cod Chamber of Commerce

will review all photos and determine the winners in the following categories.

So bring your best photographs to the Cape!

Best

Santa with child (children)

Best Old World Santa

Best Traditional Santa

Best Comedic Santa

Best Casual Santa

Best Santa props and accessories

Best Santa and pet(s)

Best Santa and Mrs. Claus

Best Action Santa

Please bring your photos to the Irish Village when you come. Instructions for the submission of the

photos will be provided upon arrival. Suggested size is 8”x10”, but all sizes will be accepted.

Winners will be announced on Saturday evening, after the Christmas Banquet.

If you have specific questions, please do not ask Santa George or Santa Dennis

Instead, call Santa Bill and he will do his best to answer your questions.

He can be reached at this sleigh home 203-948-6073. Santa George and Santa Dennis

need all the time they have remaining to work out the final details for

the best event ever sponsored by the Northeast Santas.

SANTA IS ON HIS WAY!

Actually 50+ Santas

(Help us find the real Santa)

Join Us on Saturday, May 5th for the

The North East Santas

CAPE COD CELEBRATION

Saturday, May 5th

BOWL WITH SANTAS 10:00AM to 11:30AM

RYAN FAMILY AMUSEMENT, SOUTH YARMOUTH 508-398-5644

First 100 children receive gift bag & free bowling

Find the Golden Ticket Gift Contest & Santa Chair Photos

LUNCH WITH SANTAS 11:45 to 1:00PM

CAPE COD IRISH VILLAGE 508-771-0100

$10 Adults, $5 Children under 12, North Pole Buffet Style

SANTA PARADE & CAROLS 1:00PM

CAPE COD IRISH VILLAGE 508-771-0100

First 100 children receive complimentary mini golf passes for

Skull Island Adventure Golf at Bass River Sports World

or Pirate’s Cove Adventure Golf

MINI GOLF WITH SANTAS 2:00PM

SKULL ISLAND & PIRATES COVE

For information please call the Yarmouth Chamber 508-778-1008

• Management

Santa Sean and I will be available Saturday afternoon and evening for anyone who would like to get some hands on help with ClausNet.com. I did this at the Jim Yellig Santa Claus Workshop for the folks there. It was a big hit and very helpful for those that needed a little help navigating the site.

See you then!

I was able to move some things around, so I will be there. I've never attended an event like this before and I am looking forward to this.

Any tips on what to bring?

• Management

I was able to move some things around, so I will be there. I've never attended an event like this before and I am looking forward to this.

Any tips on what to bring?

Just bring yourself! If you want to participate in the parade you can bring your suit. I am bringing a Halloween costume.

Archived