NorthEast Santas Annual Cape Cod Gathering 2013

Santa George

This years annual gathering on Cape Cod will be on May 3, 4, & 5. Plans are in the works to make it bigger and better.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad to hear it George. The past ones have been great!

I met a fascinating woman while at Santa's Workshop this year. She paints Santa on found objects and they are incredible. Anything from bowling pins, wooden shoes, hurricane lamp glass, old hand saws and on and on and on. She lives in Peru NY and wants to come to the Cape as a vendor. Let me know how to get her on board. - Pete

post-4342-0-70644600-1357093968_thumb.jp

post-4342-0-25480500-1357093970_thumb.jp

Oh, she's on board for CT as well - Pete

I'm planning on being there again. It's a wonderful event with great opportunites to meet other Santas and Mrs. Clauses.

Santa Arthur

Just a note here, those dates are for a Sat., Sun., and Mon. are they correct?

Santa George

Will it be at the same Hotel ? have they set up reservations yet?

Looking forward to another great time on the Cape

Howie

Just a note here, those dates are for a Sat., Sun., and Mon. are they correct?

Good catch Santa Larry. The original post has been corrected.

`

This years annual gathering on Cape Cod will be on May 3, 4, & 5. Plans are in the works to make it bigger and better.

I will be speaking with Jack Heinz in the next few days. I believe the price will stay the same except we may add gratuities. I am also contacting vendors who want to be involved and it will be the same deal as in previous years. No charge for vendors and all they need to do is pay for their rooms and meals. I am also thinking we can hold the large room as vendor area and use the smaller room as meeting room which is the opposite of what we did last year. More news coming soon.

• 1 month later...

I am watching this thread with excitement. Any updates?

White Mountain Santa

aka Robert

Please post any info- I am really looking forward to it for the first time..What town is it in?

Cape cod at Irish Village South Yarmouth contact Santa George for details

Just made my reservations! It's going to be a fun time on the Cape!

Are they accepting reservations directly with the hotel?

Are they accepting reservations directly with the hotel?

Yes they are, just identify yourself as a Santa that wants to attend.

Hi- Live in Massachusetts and would love to join Northeast Santas- Could you tell me how to join. Looking forward to Cape cod gathering- Is there an agenda for it yet? Thanks for all your assistance.

Just show up at the Cape no dues or anything required in this group.

Hello everyone ! I am diligently working on this years gathering and although we got snowed out a couple weeks ago I am still working on a meeting with the Cape chamber. If you would like to be put on the mailing list just send me your info and tell me you want to be added. Send e-mails to santa@santa-george.comI can also be contacted at this e-mail by any vendor interested in being part of the festivities. Call the Irish Village in South Yarmouth to make reservations. All they need is a $50 deposit. I will post the rates later today.

As promised, here is the information on the NorthEast Santa Gathering on Cape Cod.

Hello everyone!

We are diligently working on our annual North East Santas weekend even though the snow is trying to hold us back or so it seems. We are planning a meeting with the Cape Cod Chamber of Commerce and with Ryan Family Amusements soon. The dates for the Gathering are May 3-5, 2013.

Here are the rates for the Irish Village. The rates are per person and do not include applicable taxes.

Cape Cod Irish Village

822 Massachusetts 28, S. Yarmouth, MA 02664

Phone:(508) 771-0100

3 Night Stay

Single: $269.00

Double: $195.00

Additional person: $125.00

This package includes 3 Breakfasts, 2 Dinners (Choice) and 1 Banquet Dinner

2 Night Stay

Single: $199.00

Double: $145.00

Additional person: $95.00

This package includes 2 Breakfasts, 1 Dinner (Choice) and 1 Banquet Dinner

1 Night Stay

Single: $110.00

Double: $85.00

Additional person: $55.00

This package includes 1 Breakfast and 1 Banquet Dinner

Banquet dinner alone will be $24.95

Gratuities are NOT included in the above rates.

Saturday Lunch will be available if desired at $10.00 per person.

$50.00 deposit is required per room at time of reservations. The telephone number I use is (508) 398-6645. If you need a first floor room you have to request it.

Agenda will be added soon.

More news coming soon!

• 2 weeks later...

Calling all Vendors !

If you plan on being a vendor and have not contacted me please do so. I need your web page/contact info, product being sold and any other pertinent information so you can be added to the vendor page on the soon to be ready North East Santa web page. From what I understand, the rooms are going fast. If you plan on attending, a $50 deposit will hold the room. Once the hotel gets full you can still get a room at the sister hotel just down the street. The Irish Village web page is:

http://www.capecod-irishvillage.com/

Appearing May 3 & 4 - The Andy Healy Showband.

• 2 weeks later...

I am very glad to say that the word is out and the North East Santa Gathering will have the good fortune of having a screening of "They Wore The Red Suit". I saw a screening yesterday and it was a wonderful and heart warming film that I would whole heartedly say every Santa and Mrs. Claus should see ! Be sure to bring tissues! Thanks Mike !

That is wonderful news. We are excited and anxious to be returning this year.

• Management

I have permission from Larry Peter, the director of the film, to host a screening of the film in Cape Cod. I will also have a supply of DVDs for sale at the event. ALL proceeds go toward the cost of getting the film into Independent Film Festivals and ultimately into theaters across the country.

Thank you Mike

Santa George, have you posted an agenda for the gathering? I looked but didn't see one. I would like to attend but can only make two of the three day..... Depending on the agenda I will choose which days....

I am working on the new web page every chance I get. I am hoping to post the link by the weekend. It needs a bit more tweeking and then it will go live! So far I have the intro page which nees a bit more work, a vendor page with links to all our vendors, an Irish Village info page with link, a "Things to do on Cape Cod" page and finally the aganda page which is almost completed. I just have to add Sunday's aganda. Believe me, I want to finish this as soon as possible.

George

Hello All ! Well, the new web page is up and running. I will be adding new things as we go along but for the moment everything should be up and available. Have a look see and hopefully you will be able to join us !George http://www.thenortheastsantas.com

Santa George,

Great job with the website. I am so excited to join the group this year! I was hesitating, until I saw your note that they only need $50 deposit. Woohoo!

Hope to meet many there!

White Mountain Santa

aka Robert

It really is a price that is difficult to beat especially with meals included.

I can't wait. Hopefully it won't still be snowing in May.

Ho Ho Ho, at this point.....all bets are off !

My wife and I will be attending on Saturday for the dinner. My wife and I had made reservations at Scusset State Park for the weekend and will be staying in our camper for the weekend.

Reminder !

There are only 37 more days until our 7th annual North East Santa Gathering ! We are still working on adding more vendors and we have a very nice assortment of auction items with some listed and some not yet listed. The busiest day by far will be the Saturday May 4th with many enjoyable things to do. Please remember that everything is done on a volunteer basis and no one is forced to do anything except enjoy yourselves. Remember to bring your suits for the parade and Saturday phots. I am asking folks to donate an item for the "Toys for Tots" auction on Saturday during the Traditional Christmas Dinner. The item can be a gently used or new Santa or Mrs. Claus item or Christmas item. Again, this is volunteer and not mandatory. Please help if you can.

Another reminder is that tips for meals are not included in the cost of room and meals. The wait staff works very hard to keep us all happy and as in any other dining situation, we should remember to tip appropriately.

Please let me know if ther are any other questions and I will gladly answer to the best of my ability and if I do not have an immediate answer I will get back to you. We all look forward to seeing everyone again! See you in 37 days !

Santa George, Larraine, Santa Denns & Sheila

New vendors and new auction items on the north East web page.

Santa George thanks for all your hard work again this yr. also to everyone who has helped on this yrs. event. The auction looks great and it's for a worthy cause! Can't wait to see everyone!

We are still adding new items to our web page with more to come!

Santa George, after having being able to attend your Cape Cod Event the last two years, I was hoping I could possibly make it up from Florida again this year.

All hope was dashed on my return from Santa Claus Indiana, the Honor Flight our Santa Claus Drill Team is participating in has been changed from May 18th to May 7th, with mandatory orientation on May 4th, the big day of your event!

I know everyone will have a great time enjoying great food and great fellowship, say a ho ho ho! to everyone for me!

Sorry to hear we won't see you again this year at the cape

• Management

Santa George, after having being able to attend your Cape Cod Event the last two years, I was hoping I could possibly make it up from Florida again this year.

All hope was dashed on my return from Santa Claus Indiana, the Honor Flight our Santa Claus Drill Team is participating in has been changed from May 18th to May 7th, with mandatory orientation on May 4th, the big day of your event!

I know everyone will have a great time enjoying great food and great fellowship, say a ho ho ho! to everyone for me!

Thank God Bob's not going. He's always causing trouble shooting off those rocket balloons! ;)

I thought the rocket balloons were part of the evenings entertainment

Looks like the auction is going to be great! We are up to 22 items with more on the way. Have a look on the front page at the very bottom . www.thenortheastsantas.com

• 2 weeks later...

The annual North East Santas Gathering is only 2 weeks away. I am not sure how many rooms are left but any overflow will go down the street to their Sister hotel. Can't wait to see all our Santa friends, old and new !

Looks like the auction is going to be great! We are up to 22 items with more on the way. Have a look on the front page at the very bottom . www.thenortheastsantas.com

I have a donation that I will add today, I know several other MAPS members will donate also, going to be a good time

George what is the time that the vendors will be showing their items. 

Thanks

Jim Clarke

Santa Jim,

They will be there typically from Friday evening to Sunday some time. They make their own hours. You can also contact them directly from the vendors page on the North East Santas web page.

Looks like you will be having a fun time!

Archived