Northeast Santa Get Together

Michael Rielly

• Management

I am posting this for Santa George who is a bit under the weather right now. Please reply back to Santa George if you are interested in attending this year's get together!

Get well soon Santa George!

Hello Santas,

Well, It's that time of the year again and I am sending this survey e-mail to see how many of you are interested in attending our 2008 gathering. This event is open to all of our Santa Brothers either Designer bearded or real bearded and their helpers, Mrs. Clause's or elves. It is affiliated with no other organization and everyone is welcome. If you know anyone else interested in attending please let them know. That said I would like to ask a few questions and make a few statements.

1. Are you interested in attending?
  2. Would you be interested in an earlier start time such as 10 a.m. and having coffee, juice and pastries ?
  3. There would be more time to talk and network as well as show off some of our things or maybe learn a bit of magic or other secrets to help us with our presentation of Santa?
  4. We could then have a dinner around 4 or 5 p.m. , family style chicken seemed to work well.
  5. Any other suggestions will be considered and anyone wishing to help out in any way would be appreciated.
  6. This would be for ourselves and no media would be notified. This gives us mre time to get to know one another.
  7. Is Saturday all right for the gathering?

Knowing an approx. number of attendees is helpful with hall rental etc.

Santa Jim and myself look forward to hearing from you all and hope to see old and new friends alike! All my contact info is listed below.

The sooner I hear from everyone the quicker I can get something going.I would also like to appologise for being late this year. I have had a cold I have not been able to get rid of. Antibiotics seem to have finally helped.

Santa George in RI

Santa George Martin

www.santa-george.com

1500 Providence Pike

North Smithfield, RI 02896

Home Phone: (401) 767-2876

Sleigh Phone: (401) 309-9540

Official Santa for Rhode Island Visiting Nurses Association (Hospice)

Member of Amalgamated Order of Real Bearded Santa's (A.O.R.B.S.)

Fraternity of International Real Bearded Santas (FIRBSantas)

Santa Claus Registry

Santa's Across the Globe

Northeast Santa's Across the Globe

Santa-America and beard registered with the National Beard Registry #1322

I know you come from RI but since I do not have my own real beard so is there a place at these meetings to suit up. Might be difficult in February to drive in the outfit from MA to RI

• Management
I know you come from RI but since I do not have my own real beard so is there a place at these meetings to suit up. Might be difficult in February to drive in the outfit from MA to RI

Yes! Last year we had a room where we all changed into our suits. It took a little longer for us designer beard Santas... ;)

Check out the pictures from last year. Northeast Santas Get Together - February 2007

I can imagine the looks I would get in full suit driving on 24 south and can you imagine if I had to stop and ask directions. Got a new Garmin GPS so hopefully that wont be a problem

Hello Santas,

Santa Jim and I are looking into a few spots to hold the gathering. We were somewhat cramped last year at the restaurant we have been using for a few years. There is an upstairs banquet room that would be great but it seems they want a guarantee of 90 people before they will commit to letting us use it. Personally I would not mind paying a bit more to get the use of it but if we want it for a longer time like fron 10 or 11 until 4 or 5 it might be a problem. Santa Jim is checking his church function room as a possible spot to have pastries and coffee & juice in the morning and then moving to a local restraunt for the meal and additional talk. We had quite a few folks last year and the photographer I work with gave everyone a good deal on the photo Santa Mike put up, I think it was 12 or 13 dollars for the pic shipped your home. The meal itself was about 14 per person which was extremely reasonabl for what you got which was all the chicken, shells, salad, bread and potatoes bot french fried or Italian potatoes as well as coffee. There is also a bar available. I still have to call that restraunt and see if we can be guaranteed the upstairs. Jim and I just wanted to keep the price reasonable. Last year it was on Feb 3 which this year is the superbowl but with getting started later maybe towards the end of the month of Feb is what we will be looking at. It is tough to get going without an approx number of people attending. All are welcome and this Gathering is not affiliated with any group. It is just all Santas getting together with the wives, helpers, elves etc.

Santa TJS, I agree about the GPS. I got one on Black Friday just because they were priced very reasonably and it is the best thing I ever did concerning getting to anywhere. I wish not that I had bought 3 so I would have one for each car.

Santa George in Rhode Island ;o)

Hey Guys!

I am very interested in coming up depending on the weekend. I would love to finally meet everyone!

Have a great day!

Dutch

• Management
Hey Guys!

I am very interested in coming up depending on the weekend. I would love to finally meet everyone!

Have a great day!

Dutch

It woudl be great to finally meet you! Thsi will be our fourth (I think) year getting together. Check out the pictures in the Gallery!

Hello Santas!

I have information on our 2008 Santa powwow and here it is!

Basically we can meet at the restaurant at 10 a.m. where coffee, asst. danish and muffins will be available where upon we can meet and greet and talk with old and new friends in a private room with a bar. We will have the place to ourselves until 4 p.m. when they open for regular business.

I was hoping to get to talk to the folks I met last year and the ones who I did not get to meet. We can bring our suits and there will be a photographer there who will take a group picture and will make them available for $13 each if you wish to purchase one. This includes postage to your home. If anyone wishes to see the one from last year just let me know and I'll send a copy of it to you in e-mail.

Jim and I figure if we have dinner at around 3 p.m. folks can leave if they wish or stay until around 5 and talk more. Below is the info I have now. Please let either Jim or myself know if you are able to attend and then we will give you an address to send the check to. They need a count by the week before. We look forward to seeing all our old and new friends! The easiest way is to send either Jim or myself a check and we can pay the restaurant.

My home address is:

George Martin

1500 Providence Pike

North Smithfield, RI 02896

Cell: 401-309-9540 (all day until 4 p.m.)

Home: 401-767-2876 (after 4 p.m.)

Santa George ;o)

When:

Saturday, February 23rd, 2008 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.

Where:

Embassy Restaurant

77 Havelock Street

Woonsocket, Rhode Island 02895

(401) 762-5353

Menu:

Coffee and assorted danish and muffins upon arrival at 10 a.m.

Family Style Chicken (all you can eat) includes: shells and sauce, French Fries, Italian potatoes, bread, salad, coffee and ice cream

Cost:

$20 per person includes tax and tip and everything except drinks at the bar which are optional.

We can bring things we want other Santas to see as well as give tips info etc.

I would be willing to teach a few magic tricks if anyone is interested.

We can talk about our experiences and gigs, contacts for seamstresses, walking sticks or anything else of Santa interest including articles in papers or on tv etc. etc. etc. This is open to all Santas, Mrs Claus, elves, guest etc.

Everyone is welcome. I look forward to your replies. If you know of any other Santa's not on our current list please give them my info and invite them to attend. The more the merrier!

• Management
We can bring our suits and there will be a photographer there who will take a group picture and will make them available for $13 each if you wish to purchase one. This includes postage to your home. If anyone wishes to see the one from last year just let me know and I'll send a copy of it to you in e-mail.

I have the pictures from last year's Northeast Santa Get Together posted in the Gallery.

I hope to see you all there!

:D

Hello Brothers!

Just a reminder to send your checks by February 15th. I have to let them know then how many will be attending. I had been asked if the Santa could not stay for dinner if they could still come and I have no problem with that. We do need to make sure there are enough to secure the restaurant. I have to get there and put a deposit on the room some time this week. So far I only have 1 check beside my own. I will hopefully start making calls this week in case some Santas do not read their e-mail.

Santa George in Rhode Island ;o)

That's Great Patty,

We look forward to seeing you all. I am hoping we top last years turnout.

George ;o)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Management

I am really looking forward to seeing everyone on Saturday!

:D

Hello Patty,

At this point we have 26 Santas that are supposed to at least stop in for a while but 4 of them are not staying for dinner due to previous plans. I hope to book a date for next year almost as soon as we are done this year and then everyone can plan ahead. We also have about 20 Mrs. Claus's or guests and some who said they were not sure if they could make it or not. A few were never heard from. If anyone has additional info as to others who are coming it would be great to know. They will still be able to pay at the door. The restaurant just needed an approx. number so they will be properly prepared for us. So the total will be in the 45 - 50 range I think.

Santa george in Rhode Island ;o)

• Management

Hey everyone!

I had a lot of fun today! It was great to see so many Santas and Mrs. Clauses! I passed out a few cards today. Hopefully we will be adding a few more Santas and Mrs. Clauses to the group.

Thanks again to Santa George for organizing the event! The location was perfect and the food was great!

I'll be posting a few pictures in the Gallery soon.

:spinthanks:

Great event! :spinthanks:

Great location! :thumbup2:

Great people! :lol2:

Great food! :popcorn:

Thank you George and Jim and everyone who made the effort to be there, Santas and Mrs. Clauses.

I met a lot of great people, learned some new information and got a great set of new buttons!

Let's do it again soon!

:merry:

Santa George,

Another great event!! It was great to see all of the Santas and Mrs. Claus from previous events and to meet all of the new Santas!!

Well done Santa George! Looking forward to the next one! :mrsclaus:

PattyClaus

• Management

Here is Santa George doing a bit of magic. ;)

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Hello All !

I am glad the northeast santa event went well! I could not attend because of a wedding :P

I am looking forward to next year!

I am glad Santa George is heading this up.

I will look at Rielly's Picx.

Santa Doug

• 2 months later...
  • Management
When is the NEXT shindig??? Time for another get-together...

It was fun! I agree maybe we should schedule something before we start getting busy this summer.

I am headed to CWH again this year. I hope to see some Northeast Santas there this year!

Santa Manny in Sotheren RI offered his place for a Summer gathering. We could do a Pot Luck thing with everyone bringing something. If anyone is interested I can contact him and see when a good time to hold this would be. He has a canoe business and rentals would probably be available. Might be fun to have a cookout and spend the day outside now that the weather is getting warmer. What does eveyone think?

I would be interested as well but I am running out of dates on my calendar. June 7, and 8 are open but most of the rest of June and July I am on the run with family stuff and then Christmas in July events.

Santa Jim of RI

Guest clauswithacause
OK, JG...You can't tell us you got new buttons with out telling us what they look like...

Did you think we forgot JG? Button, Button-What do they look like?

Did you think we forgot JG? Button, Button-What do they look like?

Opps, sorry~!

I'm now trying to find a way to get a good picture of them... (and struggling to remember who gave them to me...)

More to come!

Archived