More for Mrs. Claus

MrsClaus2014

I love being Mrs. Claus, but like the shirt says we do all the work and Santa gets all the glory.  Is there any Mrs. Claus groups out there where we can get some tips, have fun and be recognized??  I didn't even know until recently that there is a Mrs. Claus Oath.  Was just at a Conference, and they only gave a certain few the opportunity to recite the oath.  

At one of my regular visits each year, the company supplies a Mrs. Claus to help Santa. This is the only interaction I get with Santa's wife. Because she is an employee of the company, she knows the youngsters and their parents and makes it a lot easier for me. 
She meets me outside the room and we walk in arm in arm, until the first little one races up to meet us...usually Santa. But there are a lot who also go up to Mrs. Claus. 

I have been doing this company's Christmas Party for the past 7 years and I also am used to the youngsters as I have seen them grow up. It is a pleasure to work with this Mrs. Claus.One this one occasion I almost wish that she would be available everywhere I go. 

Ladies, you are most wanted to spend time with Santa. By working in close partnership, you are also wanted and welcomed to the sittings. Yes, Santa gets to sit and talk with the kiddies and hand out the presents, but in my case, my supplied Mrs Claus, gives me those presents and we both wish the child/children a merry Christmas. 

470.jpg  IMG_8962.jpg

Go ahead, make my day!

Darlin' you don't need a special Mrs. Claus Organization.   All you need is to get a bunch of those gals together and

then organize into one.   Contact my Sister whose been my Mrs. Claus for a bunch of years.   She's great at that

kind of stuff.   Send me a PM and I send you her info!

Ol' Santa

I belong to the Mrs. Claus group on FB. Great group of ladies--we share ideas, hints and all sorts of information!

I've always worked solo with the exception of some occasional elves. Working with a Mrs. C, would certainly enhance my visits. Logistically speaking this works well for husband and wives and is why there are so many married teams. Are there any teams out there who appear regularly that are not couples in real life?

There are lots of Mrs. C's out there who are very talented and appear as a stand alone portrayers. I could learn a lot from them, it would be fun. What an offering this could be for a photographer in early season studio sessions.

I'm happy to see stand alone and coupled Mrs. C's being more active in ClausNet.

• 3 weeks later...

I have been a Mrs. Claus for a while. I also didn't now that there was an oath either. I love playing her. My husband and I were at the conference in Albion, NY. In April, I  enjoyed meeting with other Mrs. Clauses.  the things you learn from talking to other people help out when playing her. I enjoy shearing what I know and learn what other people do also.

When booking events where Mrs Claus and I will both be there I stress the importance of the set-up. I want Mrs. Claus in her own throne next to mine and I want to have a small gift, often a sticker, for the children. I also place the child on the knee nearest Mrs. Claus so child id between us. This help Ms. Claus get more attention... the gilrs, young and old all love Mrs. Claus. 

I remember the first year I had my Santa outfit. Kathy told me if I did go outside and wave at the kids and give out candy canes she would dress up too and join me. Welllllll, to make a long story short, I did and she didn't. She came out of the house to laugh and take a few pictures and went back in the house. I went from giving out candy canes in the yard to school and assisted living home visits. She says she can't find an outfit she is happy with. I would say she is "Chicken", bit anyone who can black out some of her teeth and play a country bumpkin in church has the nerves. Plus, all the other plays she has put on in the church, most of which she writes, directs and acts in.

I am just waiting to hear but may have a link to some used Mrs. Claus outfits that may hit the site.She is trying to put pictures and sizes together. Stay tuned. 

• 2 months later...

When/how do we find out about places/people needing Santa and/or Mrs. Clause?  We want to get on the circuit more this year as Santa and Mrs. Clause.

While there are chapters and lectures in many schools about what Mrs. Claus can do as a performer, There is a new Mrs.Claus school formed out in Arizona by

Nora Penny O'Malley- Kovach. If you are serious about learning more about this performance venue, Contact her!

When/how do we find out about places/people needing Santa and/or Mrs. Clause?  We want to get on the circuit more this year as Santa and Mrs. Clause.

Marketing for gigs for Santa and Mrs C are really not much different that just marketing for Santa gigs. I suggest you peruse the Marketing and Promotions forum under Santa's Workshop.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

🎄 COUNTDOWN TO CHRISTMAS

• Days
  • Hours
  • Minutes
  • Seconds
  • Donations

All donations go directly towards the cost of hosting and running ClausNet!

Your support, through donations or simply by clicking on sponsor links, is greatly appreciated!

Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Our picks

• Published by William B. Gilley in 1821, “The Children’s Friend. Number III. A New-Year’s Present to the Little Ones from Five to Twelve”, is believed to be the first book published in America to include lithographic illustrations. This book includes a poem about “Santeclaus” along with eight colored illustrations.

However, what makes this book significant is the poem and illustrations are thought to be the earliest known visual representation of Santa Claus in a sleigh pulled by reindeer. The poem also marks Santa’s first appearance on Christmas Day rather than December 6, the feast day of St. Nicholas.

The Children’s Friend. Number III.
      A New-Year’s Present to the Little Ones from Five to Twelve
      by William B. Gilley, 1821

Old Santeclaus with much delight
       His reindeer drives this frosty night.
       O’er chimney tops, and tracks of snow,
       To bring his yearly gifts to you.

The steady friend of virtuous youth,
       The friend of duty, and of truth,
       Each Christmas eve he joys to come
       Where love and peace have made their home”

Through many houses he has been,
       And various beds and stockings seen,
       Some, white as snow, and neatly mended,
       Others, that seem’d for pigs intended.

Where e’er I found good girls or boys,
       That hated quarrels, strife and noise,
       Left an apple, or a tart,
       Or wooden gun, or painted cart;

To some I gave a pretty doll,
       To some a peg-top, or a ball;
       No crackers, cannons, squibs, or rockets,
       To blow their eyes up, or their pockets.

No drums to stun their Mother’s ear,
      Nor swords to make their sisters fear;
      But pretty books to store their mind
       With knowledge of each various kind.

But where I found the children naughty,
       In manners rude, in temper haughty,
       Thankless to parents, liars, swearers,
       Boxers, or cheats, or base tale-bearers,

I left a long, black, birchen rod,
       Such as the dread command of God
       Directs a Parent’s hand to use
       When virtue’s path his sons refuse
      • 1 reply
    • 10 Essentials to Being a Better Santa
      Here are some DOs and DON'Ts on being Santa

Treat every child with respect.

Never make fun of a child.

Look into the child’s eyes when you speak to them.

Speak softly. Children are sharing confidences with you.

Acknowledge a child’s requests even if you don’t understand them.

Never promise a toy request to avoid a child’s disappointment.

Never promise a pet. Santas a toymaker and only animals produce pets.

If the child can’t remember their wish list, assure them you know what they want.

Never leave a child wondering if Santa heard their Christmas wishes.

Every child worries about being on Santas “Naughty or Nice List”. Tell each child “You’re on the “Nice List.” It will bring happiness to everyone!   

Santa Lou Knezevich is the creator of the Legendary Santas Mentoring Program
      Contact Santa Lou at: LegendarySantasMentoringProg@gmail.com
        • Thanks
        • Love
      • 8 replies
    • How do You Portray Santa?
      Portraying Santa is acting; it is a characterization of a mythical character.

Most of us never think of ourselves as actors, but we are. Certain characteristics of Santa Claus have been handed down from one generation to another. The way we dress and conduct ourselves all follow an established pattern.

Santa Claus is one of the most recognizable characters throughout the world. This came about from the advertising campaign of the Coke Cola Company and the creative painting genius, of Haddon Sundblom. Coke Cola was looking to increase winter sales of its soft drink and hired Sundblom to produce illustrations for prominent magazines. These illustrations appeared during the holiday season from the late 1930s into the early 1970s and set the standard for how Santa should look.

This characterization of Santa with rosy cheeks, a white beard, handlebar mustache plus a red costume trimmed in white fur is the image most everyone has in their minds. Unconsciously people are going to judge you against that image. If your beard isn’t white or you have a soiled suit it will register with the onlooker.

By the way, the majority of Sundblom's paintings depict Santa with a Brown Belt and Brown Boots. Not until his later illustrations did he change the color to Black for these items. Within the past few years many costume companies have offered the Coke Cola Suit and it has become very popular. You can tell it by the large buttons and absence of fur down the front of the jacket.

No matter how you portray Santa, be it home visits, schools, churches, parades, corporate events, malls, hospitals we all make an entrance and an impression! The initial impression we make determines if our client will ask us to return.

The 5 Second Rule

I have a theory: When you enter the presence of your audience you have about 5 seconds to make people believe you are the real Santa.
        • Thanks
        • Love
      • 18 replies
    • Not Everyone Can Be Santa!
      Yes, I said it and it is not meant to hurt anyone’s feelings. I do view many Facebook sites along with websites and posted photos. Frankly, many of these postings should have never been put on public display.
        • Thanks
        • Love
      • 10 replies
    • Auld Lang Syne
      Every New Year’s Eve at the stroke of midnight, millions around the world traditionally gather together to sing the same song, “Auld Lang Syne”. As revilers mumble though the song’s versus, it often brings many of them to tears – regardless of the fact that most don’t know or even understand the lyrics. Confusion over the song’s lyrics is almost as much of a tradition as the song itself. Of course that rarely stops anyone from joining in.
        • Wow
        • Thanks
        • Love
      • 4 replies
Ă—
Ă—