Tim Allen returns as Santa on November 8th 2023

Warrenton Santa

He's back! Tim Allen returns as Scott Calvin, aka Santa Claus in "The Santa Clauses."  The holly jolly season 2 premieres Nov. 8 on Disney+.

#TheSantaClauses

Edited by Warrenton Santa
  • Like 7

TBH: I wasn't going to watch this. My daughter purchased Disney+ and I sat and watched the series...twice. Very good. Very good.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Black Hills Santa said:

TBH: I wasn't going to watch this. My daughter purchased Disney+ and I sat and watched the series...twice. Very good. Very good.

The benefits of having family and friends with Disney+! Same for me: I watched it (didn’t think it would be too good) and was pleasantly surprised.

• Like 2

I will check this out thanks :) 

• Like 1

I'm looking forward to it! I was a child when the original Santa Clause movie came out, so this series is a great comfort for me during the season.

• Like 2

Nice, it will give me a reason to continue with Disney. Can't stand their woke attitude lately.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

• 2 weeks later...

My family and I enjoyed the first season, so we will be watching season 2.  :thumbup:

• Like 2

I saw the Easter Bunny is in the second season. Tracy Morgan will play him and Eric Stonestreet will play Mad Santa from the 14th century. Some people complained about the way the Easter Bunny looks because he has changed his appearance since the third movie. Jay North played the Easter Bunny in the movies and, sadly, he passed away. Tracy Morgan and Eric Stonestreet are wonderful actors they will only add to the show.

Tracy-Morgan-Easter-Bunny-e1696358212887.jpg

the-santa-clauses-season-2-tim-allen-eric-stonestreet.jpg

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Black Hills Santa said:

I saw the Easter Bunny is in the second season. Tracy Morgan will play him and Eric Stonestreet will play Mad Santa from the 14th century. Some people complained about the way the Easter Bunny looks because he has changed his appearance since the third movie. Jay North played the Easter Bunny in the movies and, sadly, he passed away. Tracy Morgan and Eric Stonestreet are wonderful actors they will only add to the show.

I would have nominated @Santa Craig Maxwell for the Easter Bunny role, but he goes overboard on the carrots :) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Black Hills Santa said:

Who's the guy in the bottom, right hand photo? Yukon Cornelius?

1 hour ago, Santa Johnny Boy said:

Who's the guy in the bottom, right hand photo? Yukon Cornelius?

Bad Santa 

• Wow 1

3 hours ago, Rob Thompson said:

I would have nominated @Santa Craig Maxwell for the Easter Bunny role, but he goes overboard on the carrots :) 

image.png.8f8160598db259b8183bb0ce04a9af3f.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Rob Thompson said:

I resemble that remark

• Haha 3

23 hours ago, Black Hills Santa said:

Bad Santa 

It would have been cool if he were a live action Yukon Cornelius! :santa_cheesy:

• Like 1
  • Love 3

3 hours ago, Santa Johnny Boy said:

It would have been cool if he were a live action Yukon Cornelius! :santa_cheesy:

Man, you just had to say that, didn’t you?! NOW I WANT A LIVE-ACTION YUKON CORNELIUS, DANG IT! 🤣

Edited by Sundblom Santa
  • Haha 2

I am grateful that this series is continuing! 

• Like 2

On 10/10/2023 at 2:46 PM, Santa Craig Maxwell said:

I resemble that remark

You do indeed :)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRB2k-Uam_qOHUzyk4nwRh

• Haha 2

On 10/9/2023 at 8:48 PM, Black Hills Santa said:

:116:  Now I'm really excited for this season!!

• Like 2

On 9/24/2023 at 12:54 PM, Grandpa Gus said:

Nice, it will give me a reason to continue with Disney. Can't stand their woke attitude lately.

I wholeheartedly agree!

• Love 2

On 9/24/2023 at 1:54 PM, Grandpa Gus said:

I agree wholeheartedly, Gus.

48 minutes ago, Santa Shep said:

I wholeheartedly agree!

Indeed, I don’t have Disney+ (not because of the wokeness; I just never desired to buy it). I’m thinking about buying (and then canceling) Paramount+ only so I can finish “Yellowstone” (and finally get to watch the “1883” and “1923” spin-offs, which look quite good). What can I say? I’m a cowboy at heart.

Overall, though, I don’t watch much television. I’m either outside, working, or going out places. Most news (local, Fox, and so forth) is depressing and a lot of modern entertainment is joyless woke garbage.

Still, I do watch some television (channels like TV Land, MeTV, and, of course, the Hallmark Channel, and classic shows like Gunsmoke, All in the Family, The Carol Burnett Show, Mama’s Family, The Waltons, Little House on the Prairie, and Home Improvement come to mind).

Being as young as I am (late 20’s) and being able to enjoy and appreciate classic television (without wokeness) is really something that I cherish very much. While I don’t watch a lot of television (like I said), I am, though, definitely planning to keep up with “The Santa Clauses.”

Edited by Sundblom Santa
  • Like 3

Im quite fortunate, my daughter has a Disney account via her school, so I can access it, Netflix, Amazon prime etc all for free :) 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Is anyone else not a fan of Tim Allen's new Santa makeup & beard style? I don't know, something about it just looks . . . off

• Like 1

The Mrs. and I watched the first two and she immediately said she was extremely disappointed in where they are going with this season. I am not even sure if we will finish watching the rest of season 2.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Santa SteveKl said:

The Mrs. and I watched the first two and she immediately said she was extremely disappointed in where they are going with this season. I am not even sure if we will finish watching the rest of season 2.

So, give us a hint - what happened? I don't have Disney+

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Santa Johnny Boy said:

So, give us a hint - what happened? I don't have Disney+

DISNEY is showing that (OLD) Santa is all about himself not about others.

• Sad 1

• Supporter
15 hours ago, Santa SteveKl said:

49 minutes ago, Warrenton Santa said:

DISNEY is showing that (OLD) Santa is all about himself not about others.

After about 5-10 minutes into the 1st show of 2nd season, it reminded me why I didn't watch season 1.  Self absorbed in themselves and not thinking about others.

What would Walt think? Somehow cann't see him introducing this on his Sunday night WWD.

list-disney-158937223.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, TamaleClaus said:

What would Walt think? Somehow cann't see him introducing this on his Sunday night WWD.

Walt would be rolling in his grave with what modern Disney is producing.

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, Sundblom Santa said:

Walt would be rolling in his grave with what modern Disney is producing.

I think the Disney Company feel they are moving with the times, however, in my view, the traditional Disney stuff was and is Timeless :) 

• Like 3

We are currently on holiday visiting our son, so my wife and I will watch the new season 2 this week when we can. As far as Tim Allen's makeup, it took some getting used to in the first season, but if I think about it in a way of being Santa for 30 years, I can see how Santa's looks would change over time.

My wife commented during the first season that Carol's attitude was self-centered. But, then, she realized Carol was looking for her purpose and how it fit in with other Mrs Clauses and, come to find out, she's the first Mrs Claus. So she can blaze her own trail and be her own Mrs Claus.

As far as how Walt Disney himself would feel about everything? I'm sure he would be quite disappointed in many of the products his company puts forth. I am not a Walt Disney fan whatsoever. The only reason I watch this particular series is because my daughter is paying for it, not me. I would not spend one red cent for it. However, I also understand it as a show for entertainment value. It's not real life and it's not going to be real life.

And let's be honest, many of us, if we are honest, we could point out plenty of Santa portrayers who become quite self-absorbed over time. We don't have to name names, but we know those Santa's who are very self-centered and think of only themselves. Heck, every one of us have done that once or twice in our lives. All have fulfilled the proverb "When pride comes so comes shame, but with the lowly is wisdom".

Perhaps, sometimes what we as Santa portrayers do is we try to tie real life into make believe and vice versa, resulting in some of us not being happy with the product because it's not the way we would do it or we believe it should be done. Maybe we should take the show for face value, that is for entertainment, it's not always going to be for everyone, and we should appreciate the theatrical efforts, the illusions that are created, the costuming, etc. 

After all, we are merely actors on a stage and that is what these other people are: actors on a stage.

• Like 3

Well, we just watched the two episodes. I thought it was very entertaining, full of some unique history, definitely some laughs, and enjoyable. 

• Like 2

• Management

I had to force myself to get through the last season. So I was skeptical on Season 2. I started S2E1 but couldn't get to the end. Ughh.

I am a fan of The Santa Clause movies -- especially SC2, but I really hate what they did with the elves in the series. And what the heck is up with Tim Allen's makeup? Are they trying to make him look fake?

I honestly am hating everything Disney is doing lately. Don't get me started on the live action Snow White...

• Love 1

On 11/13/2023 at 9:14 PM, Michael Rielly said:

I had to force myself to get through the last season. So I was skeptical on Season 2. I started S2E1 but couldn't get to the end. Ughh.

I am a fan of The Santa Clause movies -- especially SC2, but I really hate what they did with the elves in the series. And what the heck is up with Tim Allen's makeup? Are they trying to make him look fake?

I honestly am hating everything Disney is doing lately. Don't get me started on the live action Snow White...

Well snow white has been shelved and my never air. Also everything Disney has put out in the last 5yrs is recycled shows that were better than what The mouse is making. The woke Santa Claus that is out now is a bad image for what it is supposed to represent.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

just like the first season - I finally watched this after the holidays - it was enjoyable - interesting how they tied some of the other Christmas legends like La Befana into the storyline - and again Tim Allen did make references to Bethlehem and the baby Jesus - probably won't be part of my Christmas canon - but still enjoyed the watching ....

• Like 1

Im still to watch it, I shall make some time :)

• Like 1

I enjoyed this season, but I suspect a major reason I enjoy it so much is that the original movies came out when I was a child in the 90's so the nostalgia high with the series.

When they introduced the Magnus Antas character I was worried it was going to really jump the shark, but I enjoyed it in the end.

• Like 3

he was a fun character - and it played homage to the Tolkein letters about gnomes under the North Pole - kinda slow start but a fun build to a nice conclusion . . . 

• Like 2

I plan to finish watching the season 2, but would really love if Disney would go back to the way Walt directed it.

• Love 1

5 hours ago, Santa SteveKl said:

I plan to finish watching the season 2, but would really love if Disney would go back to the way Walt directed it.

???

• Like 1

🎄 COUNTDOWN TO CHRISTMAS

• Days
  • Hours
  • Minutes
  • Seconds
  • Donations

All donations go directly towards the cost of hosting and running ClausNet!

Your support, through donations or simply by clicking on sponsor links, is greatly appreciated!

Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Our picks

• Published by William B. Gilley in 1821, “The Children’s Friend. Number III. A New-Year’s Present to the Little Ones from Five to Twelve”, is believed to be the first book published in America to include lithographic illustrations. This book includes a poem about “Santeclaus” along with eight colored illustrations.

However, what makes this book significant is the poem and illustrations are thought to be the earliest known visual representation of Santa Claus in a sleigh pulled by reindeer. The poem also marks Santa’s first appearance on Christmas Day rather than December 6, the feast day of St. Nicholas.

The Children’s Friend. Number III.
      A New-Year’s Present to the Little Ones from Five to Twelve
      by William B. Gilley, 1821

Old Santeclaus with much delight
       His reindeer drives this frosty night.
       O’er chimney tops, and tracks of snow,
       To bring his yearly gifts to you.

The steady friend of virtuous youth,
       The friend of duty, and of truth,
       Each Christmas eve he joys to come
       Where love and peace have made their home”

Through many houses he has been,
       And various beds and stockings seen,
       Some, white as snow, and neatly mended,
       Others, that seem’d for pigs intended.

Where e’er I found good girls or boys,
       That hated quarrels, strife and noise,
       Left an apple, or a tart,
       Or wooden gun, or painted cart;

To some I gave a pretty doll,
       To some a peg-top, or a ball;
       No crackers, cannons, squibs, or rockets,
       To blow their eyes up, or their pockets.

No drums to stun their Mother’s ear,
      Nor swords to make their sisters fear;
      But pretty books to store their mind
       With knowledge of each various kind.

But where I found the children naughty,
       In manners rude, in temper haughty,
       Thankless to parents, liars, swearers,
       Boxers, or cheats, or base tale-bearers,

I left a long, black, birchen rod,
       Such as the dread command of God
       Directs a Parent’s hand to use
       When virtue’s path his sons refuse
      • 4 replies
    • 10 Essentials to Being a Better Santa
      Here are some DOs and DON'Ts on being Santa

Treat every child with respect.

Never make fun of a child.

Look into the child’s eyes when you speak to them.

Speak softly. Children are sharing confidences with you.

Acknowledge a child’s requests even if you don’t understand them.

Never promise a toy request to avoid a child’s disappointment.

Never promise a pet. Santas a toymaker and only animals produce pets.

If the child can’t remember their wish list, assure them you know what they want.

Never leave a child wondering if Santa heard their Christmas wishes.

Every child worries about being on Santas “Naughty or Nice List”. Tell each child “You’re on the “Nice List.” It will bring happiness to everyone!   

Santa Lou Knezevich is the creator of the Legendary Santas Mentoring Program
      Contact Santa Lou at: LegendarySantasMentoringProg@gmail.com
        • Thanks
        • Love
      • 8 replies
    • How do You Portray Santa?
      Portraying Santa is acting; it is a characterization of a mythical character.

Most of us never think of ourselves as actors, but we are. Certain characteristics of Santa Claus have been handed down from one generation to another. The way we dress and conduct ourselves all follow an established pattern.

Santa Claus is one of the most recognizable characters throughout the world. This came about from the advertising campaign of the Coke Cola Company and the creative painting genius, of Haddon Sundblom. Coke Cola was looking to increase winter sales of its soft drink and hired Sundblom to produce illustrations for prominent magazines. These illustrations appeared during the holiday season from the late 1930s into the early 1970s and set the standard for how Santa should look.

This characterization of Santa with rosy cheeks, a white beard, handlebar mustache plus a red costume trimmed in white fur is the image most everyone has in their minds. Unconsciously people are going to judge you against that image. If your beard isn’t white or you have a soiled suit it will register with the onlooker.

By the way, the majority of Sundblom's paintings depict Santa with a Brown Belt and Brown Boots. Not until his later illustrations did he change the color to Black for these items. Within the past few years many costume companies have offered the Coke Cola Suit and it has become very popular. You can tell it by the large buttons and absence of fur down the front of the jacket.

No matter how you portray Santa, be it home visits, schools, churches, parades, corporate events, malls, hospitals we all make an entrance and an impression! The initial impression we make determines if our client will ask us to return.

The 5 Second Rule

I have a theory: When you enter the presence of your audience you have about 5 seconds to make people believe you are the real Santa.
        • Thanks
        • Love
      • 18 replies
    • Not Everyone Can Be Santa!
      Yes, I said it and it is not meant to hurt anyone’s feelings. I do view many Facebook sites along with websites and posted photos. Frankly, many of these postings should have never been put on public display.
        • Thanks
        • Love
      • 10 replies
    • Auld Lang Syne
      Every New Year’s Eve at the stroke of midnight, millions around the world traditionally gather together to sing the same song, “Auld Lang Syne”. As revilers mumble though the song’s versus, it often brings many of them to tears – regardless of the fact that most don’t know or even understand the lyrics. Confusion over the song’s lyrics is almost as much of a tradition as the song itself. Of course that rarely stops anyone from joining in.
        • Wow
        • Thanks
        • Love
      • 4 replies