Palm Tree Santa's St Augustine Santa Capers

Santa Bob Elkin

All Aboard! The Red Train! Be sure and ride all the way! ho ho ho!

The 2nd Annual St. Augustine Santa Capers is ready for you! May 29th-May 31st! and you are all invited to join the Palm Tree Santas!

We have a block of rooms at the Holiday Inn Historic, 1542 Ponce De Leon Blvd. for Friday May 29th and Saturday May 30th. They have given us a deep discount from their AAA rate of $135.00 per night to a very low $89.00 per night. Plus, they are giving us 2 full course (30 items) Continental Breakfast tickets with a $9.95 value each. They have also agreed to allow us use of their Flagler Room for meetings, etc., at no extra charge!

Please call 1-800-569-8008 and Angie or Magee will take your reservations, ask for a room from the Palm Tree Santa's room block.

Dinner on Friday night has been tentatively set at Century Buffet for 7:00 pm.

Dinner on Saturday night has been set up at Schooners Seafood Restaurant at 7:30 pm. We will be ordering off their regular menu! No inflated "Banquet" prices!

All Aboard! The Red Train has been scheduled to pick us up at the Holiday Inn at 11:00 Saturday morning for a tour (or two maybe) around Historic St. Augustine. We will spend the afternoon in the Historic district, lunch at any one of a couple dozen quaint cafes, strolling, shopping, browsing and having our pictures taken!!!

All Aboard! The Red Train will pick us up at 4:30 to return to the Holiday Inn!

All Aboard! The Red Train will pick us up at 7:15 for dinner at Schooners!

We are not scheduling specific group tours of any attractions. Information will be available so folks can visit any of the historic sites St. Augustine offers on their own or in smaller groups on Saturday or Sunday. We will have a two day pass on the Red Train.

AND, perhaps the best news of all: Plans are almost complete ………….

Santa Phil Wenz has agreed to send us THE TRAVELING "SANTA CLAUS OATH" DISPLAY, along with the signature page so each Santa and Ms Claus who did not attend the Celebrate Santa Convention in March can sign this oath! and they too will have their names on display for your children's grand children to see their great-great grandfather was Santa! I think this is such a very special opportunity, don't miss it! The Santa Claus Oath Ceremony will be at 9:30am Saturday.

Everyone who couldn’t make it to St. Augustine last year heard about how much FUN we had, so don’t delay, make your reservations today! Please send me a note so I can keep a list! Thanks

Collecting smiles,

Santa Bob toyshoppe:727-491-0533sleigh:813-230-9254 santaatsanttb.com

Sounds like fun but would have needed to know about it sooner to plan such a long trip. sorry i will miss it! Nora

• 2 weeks later...

HO HO HO! Just wanted to let everyone know, as of today we have over 50 Santas and Mrs Claus who have reserved rooms and are planning on coming to the Palm Tree Santas St. Augustine Santa Capers! and......we still have two more weeks for those "sitting on 'de fence" to come on down/over/up!

Come join us aboard the Red Train, singing Christmas Carols as we tour historic St. Augustine!

Great Food, Fun and Fellowship! you are all welcome!

Collecting smiles,

Santa Bob

• 3 weeks later...

The St. Augustine Santa Capers is over, we had a total of 63 Santas, Ms Claus, Elves and guests attending! We had a beautiful power point presentation of the Oath prepared for us by Santa Phil. Our PTS webmaster, Santa Jim Williams brought with him a laptop and a video projector, the Hotel let us use their big projection screen, it was almost like a mini-Celebrate Santa! We held hands and recited the words as they timed out on the screen! It was awesome, about half of this group were not at Celebrate Santa, I saw a lot of wet eye sparkle in all our eyes. I would suggest if anyone can use or acquire this equipment to show the P.P., etc, it will really make for a great presentation and reciting of the OATH.

As Phil told us, the Palm Tree Santas was sorta the test group for the Traveling Oath display, so to Jac Grimes, Carlucci and others who will be hosting, if you will email me, I will give you the details on how the actual signing worked, I had some mixed emotions and different ideas I tossed about before the event, but I think everyone really liked the way we decided to hold the actual perfomance of the signing.

One of our great Santas, Santa Dennis Pollard showed up with some 30+ copies of a Christmas Carol Songbook, we had a lot of fun practicing Friday night, then caroling our way around St. Augustine on the Red Train Saturday as we rode around the streets of St. Augustine!

Our next event will be Christmas In July in Tarpon Springs, look for our new posting!

Collecting smiles,

Santa Bob

As we don't have a 'group' of Santas in Alabama, Santa Charlie and I attended the gathering of Santas in St. Augustine and had a wonderful time! We found some old friends there and made some new friends; it just doesn't get any better than that, does it?

We had never been to St. Augustine and I would urge everyone to put this on your list of "must sees", as it's one of the most historic and beautiful cities I've ever seen. It's so rich in history and we learned so many new things, interesting things about the founding of the oldest city in the United States.

Surprisingly, there were a bunch of free things to do there and the sites that did have a charge, were modestly priced and quite affordable. I would suggest you plan on staying at least a few days to try and see all the highlights at least. We plan to return, perhaps later in the year and go see some things that we just didn't have time for on this trip.

Our sincere thanks to Bob Elkin and all those wonderful Santas, Mrs. Clauses, elves and helpers that made us feel so 'at home' during our visit. What a great group of people!

B) Cindylu, it was great meeting you and Santa Charlie. You are welcome to join our group anytime at our meetings.

Yes, St. Augustine is a must see if you have never seen it before.

Archived